Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Utah 69 Kentucky 66

Featured Replies

We’re young, give it time.

 

This.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realize Kentucky is young, as some have pointed out. But if I heard Big Bill correctly last night he said Utah dressed 11 freshmen. Maybe I misheard what he said.

Are these the normal early season UK problems or is this team different -- for the worse?

Kentucky won't be worse than a 5 seed when all is said and done.

I realize Kentucky is young, as some have pointed out. But if I heard Big Bill correctly last night he said Utah dressed 11 freshmen. Maybe I misheard what he said.

 

We’re young and we lost to a younger team.

Not being able to have any consisentcy in making outside shots is the hardest thing to cover up for in basketball at any level.

I realize Kentucky is young, as some have pointed out. But if I heard Big Bill correctly last night he said Utah dressed 11 freshmen. Maybe I misheard what he said.

 

I am not sure how many freshmen they have, but they did say that Utah is one of the youngest teams in the NCAA.

Listed on Utah’s roster:

 

11 frosh

4 sophs

1 junior

1 senior

Listed on Utah’s roster:

 

11 frosh

4 sophs

1 junior

1 senior

That might be the oddest roster I have ever seen. But I assume some of those guys are older - which counts for something - from doing their Mormon missions.

Some people are saying this is a turning point in the Cal era. You can tell how nervous Cal is, because he keeps tweeting.

 

Pundits are saying he needs to change course. What exactly does that deviation entail? I’ve long said and been harshly criticized about the fact that he’s superstar dependent. For whatever reason the dominos are starting to fall a little bit.

 

The superstars have dried up, so what is plan B that people are calling for?

Some people are saying this is a turning point in the Cal era. You can tell how nervous Cal is, because he keeps tweeting.

 

Pundits are saying he needs to change course. What exactly does that deviation entail? I’ve long said and been harshly criticized about the fact that he’s superstar dependent. For whatever reason the dominos are starting to fall a little bit.

 

The superstars have dried up, so what is plan B that people are calling for?

 

I have a hard time thinking that Calipari is nervous. Nervous of what? And he always tweets that way, does just about every year except probably 2014-2015.

 

Doesn't he have a monster class coming in next season? Not that I'm saying to bag this season, but I don't think the well is dry.

 

I'll pass on the dependent on superstar part of this, you and @futurecoach have had that conversation enough and no matter how many times he has to point out that it isn't accurate, you won't let it go.

I have a hard time thinking that Calipari is nervous. Nervous of what? And he always tweets that way, does just about every year except probably 2014-2015.

 

Doesn't he have a monster class coming in next season? Not that I'm saying to bag this season, but I don't think the well is dry.

 

I'll pass on the dependent on superstar part of this, you and @futurecoach have had that conversation enough and no matter how many times he has to point out that it isn't accurate, you won't let it go.

 

My superstar dependency comment is valid until he wins another without the best player in school history. Futurecoach will try to throw in a random season somewhere, but we also haven’t been to the final 4 since our last megastar in KAT. Facts are facts, there’s been a decline, as spoiled as we are since 2015.

 

You’re avoiding the question though, when guys like Matt Jones and Justin Rowland are saying we’re at a turning point, that’s not good. They’re basically on Cal’s payroll.

My superstar dependency comment is valid until he wins another without the best player in school history. Futurecoach will try to throw in a random season somewhere, but we also haven’t been to the final 4 since our last megastar in KAT. Facts are facts, there’s been a decline, as spoiled as we are since 2015.

 

You’re avoiding the question though, when guys like Matt Jones and Justin Rowland are saying we’re at a turning point, that’s not good. They’re basically on Cal’s payroll.

 

I'm not worried about Coach Cal, just like I wouldn't be worried about Coach K, who also hasn't made it to a Final Four since 2015, if I was a Duke fan. I'm not sure how many times we have to have the same conversation. You and @futurecoach completely disagree, no sense having the debate again.

 

Years from now there are going to be a lot of UK fans that will probably be longing for the days of when Calipari was out coach, but until then, we'll have to do this in every thread after a loss.

I'm not worried about Coach Cal, just like I wouldn't be worried about Coach K, who also hasn't made it to a Final Four since 2015, if I was a Duke fan. I'm not sure how many times we have to have the same conversation. You and @futurecoach completely disagree, no sense having the debate again.

 

Years from now there are going to be a lot of UK fans that will probably be longing for the days of when Calipari was out coach, but until then, we'll have to do this in every thread after a loss.

 

Agreed and agreed, I don’t think we’re going backwards like we did with Tubby. I didn’t mean to stir anything up today. I was just conversing with my flock about the Matt Jones and Justin Rowland comments.

  • Author
My superstar dependency comment is valid until he wins another without the best player in school history. Futurecoach will try to throw in a random season somewhere, but we also haven’t been to the final 4 since our last megastar in KAT. Facts are facts, there’s been a decline, as spoiled as we are since 2015.

 

You’re avoiding the question though, when guys like Matt Jones and Justin Rowland are saying we’re at a turning point, that’s not good. They’re basically on Cal’s payroll.

 

A random season here or there? 2011 no true superstars that you say he must have, and beat two top teams to get to the final four. 2014 same thing beat teams with those superstars and more talent, and made the finals. So no he is not superstar dependent to win and do well.

 

Your whole superstar dependent then may hold more weight say if they won it all in 2010, but no the 2011 team made it further than the team with superstars. 2015 had the top overall player and they couldn’t make it as far as the 2014 that didn’t have the type of player you say he must have to win.

 

So yes you have an opinion, but your opinion really gets shot down since it can’t be supported. If he was superstar dependent as you said then no way the 2011 team goes further than 2010 and no way the 2014 team goes further than the 2015 team.

 

Shoot two more teams without the type of superstar you are talking about 2017 and 2019 went as far as the superstar 2010 team and actually put up better games than that 2010 team and both were literary one shot away from winning while 2010 basically got dominated that game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.