Utah 69 Kentucky 66

futurecoach

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished watching this game. Games like this are so infuriating. Who cares UK lost, it’s how it happened that sucks. Clearly they were superior in talent and ability, but the level of urgency and effort were not there until the final 10 minutes of the game, and by then it was too late, and the Utes were able to hold on for dear life.

I know we say it all the time, but do the powers that be in college basketball not see the block/charge problem that plagues every game? It’s one of the main reason I seldom watch outside of UK games. To begin, I assume everything they are going to call is a charge and defenders are taught to go down. I am shocked when it goes the offensive player’s way.

Then, that last sequence where they called a blocking call then overruled it was bizarre. The defender was way outside (2-3 feet) the restricted area and the refs needed a replay to overturn the original call?

I hate to say it but this team is on a path to a 8 or 9 seed and a second round exit. I agree they are blah and these freshmen were over hyped, strong inside presence is non existent and they are poor shooters. I hope I am wrong but it is setting up for a long year.

They flat could not shoot all night. Missed too many shots close in and took way too many ill advised 3's.

This team needs to learn right now that each offensive and defensive possesion needs to played with maximum effort. All night it seemed like they were waiting to turn it on. Bill Walton was correct with one thing he said last night, the refs never seemed to let the game get a flow to it.

No inside game, no shooters, and a coach that can’t make moves offensively or defensively.

Hey you showed up! It would be nice if you showed up consistently win or lose, this way we can take what you say and have a real conversation. However, hard to do with someone who clearly has an agenda and only shows up after a lost or something that went wrong.

I hate to say it but this team is on a path to a 8 or 9 seed and a second round exit. I agree they are blah and these freshmen were over hyped, strong inside presence is non existent and they are poor shooters. I hope I am wrong but it is setting up for a long year.

You may end up being right. However, what you just said is what people at some point say almost every year and usually even in January. Yet that ends up not being the case at all.

Today they look like that, but way to early to be talking about where they will be 3 months from now. Especially when we have seen Cal always has his teams play ten times better come February and March than what they are in December and January.

This team needs the players who have the potential to start playing to that potential. Meaning the two guys that need to truly step it up and have the most potential are Maxey and Montgomery.

UKs best two players last year Washington and Herro didn’t really get going until later in the year. Washington looked like a second round pick still until sometime in January. Herro didn’t start making shots consistently until conference play it seemed like. Those two players last year stepping it up and starting to play to their potential is what led to last years team really getting it going. This years team will need guys with potential to eventually do the same.

Coastal Carolina beat Utah by 22 at Coastal's tournament. NKU beat Coastal by a couple at Coastal. Utah beats KY by 3 after being up by 17. Crazy year. More good players and good coaches? The important fact for UK fans though is they do have the top recruits and the greatest coach ever. Don't despair Wildcat Nation.....come March those first year Seniors will be ok!

You may end up being right. However, what you just said is what people at some point say almost every year and usually even in January. Yet that ends up not being the case at all.

Today they look like that, but way to early to be talking about where they will be 3 months from now. Especially when we have seen Cal always has his teams play ten times better come February and March than what they are in December and January.

To be an 8 or 9 seed UK would be in that 32-40 range. From what little I have seen, are there really going to be 31 better teams by season's end? They said in last night's telecast five teams have already been atop the polls. The record for a season is seven. I also judge these things on pro potential. This year's class, by early indications, is historically bad. You can tell watching Wiseman he has the goods. After that, meh.