Utah 69 Kentucky 66

futurecoach

I was recording it and started it super late last night. They were down 14 in the second half and I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Will probably finish it tonight.

I feel like they have a lot of bad/unforced turnovers that really need cleaned up.

I was worried about this team from the outside before the season started and that seems more accurate than I would like it to be.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was recording it and started it super late last night. They were down 14 in the second half and I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Will probably finish it tonight.

I feel like they have a lot of bad/unforced turnovers that really need cleaned up.

I was worried about this team from the outside before the season started and that seems more accurate than I would like it to be.

It was frustrating to watch because when they turned up the intensity, Utah could barely run an offense. The defensive potential with this team is there, and if they ultimately want to have a successful campaign, it will be spurred on by that end of the court.

I am pretty glad that I don't live on the West Coast and he isn't consistently on my television. I'm really not sure how someone could say they enjoy listening to him call a game. I feel really bad for his partner.

His play by play partner definitely had his hands full correcting Walton's lack of knowledge about the game, keeping him on point, and maintaining his professionalism while Walton babbled about things that guys over 60 may have enjoyed.

I did think Walton was pretty funny two or three times but for every funny thing he said there were numerous head scratching things he said.

And what was that thing he was doing in the first half, was that supposed to be a Ute battle cry!?

In short I feel like he belongs on 3rd tier NBA broadcasts, not mainstream college basketball broadcasts.

His play by play partner definitely had his hands full correcting Walton's lack of knowledge about the game, keeping him on point, and maintaining his professionalism while Walton babbled about things that guys over 60 may have enjoyed.

I did think Walton was pretty funny two or three times but for every funny thing he said there were numerous head scratching things he said.

And what was that thing he was doing in the first half, was that supposed to be a Ute battle cry!?

In short I feel like he belongs on 3rd tier NBA broadcasts, not mainstream college basketball broadcasts.

Somebody somewhere must like him because he's still on air and getting paid. Not a lot of loyalty in TV business.

Somebody somewhere must like him because he's still on air and getting paid. Not a lot of loyalty in TV business.

I don't mean to be a hater, more power to Walton and if I didn't have an interest in a game he would be a nice (and sometimes funny) distraction.

However, I think most of us are pretty serious UK basketball fans and I strongly prefer competent, focused commentary.

Either way, I was disappointed with UK. It makes me wonder if Coach Cal is working the team as hard as he should be.

They may change later in the season but for right now this UK team is not enjoyable to watch. Can’t shoot. Offensively confused. Defense lacking. They can play D but only when they want to put forth the extra effort, such as late in last night’s game, the rest of the game’s defense is what we saw first half.

And they’re just not as talented as in recent years. Whitney is a overhyped dud recruit. Brooks not much better. Maxey is inconsistent. Richards and EJ are also inconsistent. Quickly is Larry Bird at Big Blue Madness, winning 2 straight 3 points contest, but can’t make wide open 3s when they count. Hagans has improved but still can’t finish at the rim.

Etc, etc, etc...

They may change later in the season but for right now this UK team is not enjoyable to watch. Can’t shoot. Offensively confused. Defense lacking. They can play D but only when they want to put forth the extra effort, such as late in last night’s game, the rest of the game’s defense is what we saw first half.

And they’re just not as talented as in recent years. Whitney is a overhyped dud recruit. Brooks not much better. Maxey is inconsistent. Richards and EJ are also inconsistent. Quickly is Larry Bird at Big Blue Madness, winning 2 straight 3 points contest, but can’t make wide open 3s when they count. Hagans has improved but still can’t finish at the rim.

Etc, etc, etc...

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln - how did you enjoy the play?

I won’t lie I fell asleep during most of it. Apparently UK was down by 17 in the second half at one point. UK came back to tie it up with a minute to go, but Utah pulled it out.

UK has a tough one now on Saturday that they need to pull out against OSU.

Has to be your worst nightmare, considering your Buckeye disdain.

Etc, etc, etc...

We’re young, give it time.

Has to be your worst nightmare, considering your Buckeye disdain.

OSU basketball fans is like UK football fans. While people may hate the OSU football and UK basketball fans for their arrogant, idiotic comments. When it comes to OSU basketball and UK football fans there is not much to hate, because they really don’t have much to say usually lol.

Etc, etc, etc...

Brooks has started to show flashes the last few games before tonight. Whitney hasn’t shown much at all. Whitney reminds me a lot of Alex Poythress as a freshman. A freak athletically, but honestly just not that good as a freshman. At least not good enough to where need to be able to count on him.

OSU basketball fans is like UK football fans. While people may hate the OSU football and UK basketball fans for their arrogant, idiotic comments. When it comes to OSU basketball and UK football fans there is not much to hate, because they really don’t have much to say usually lol.

True, I feel like it’s coaching vs. talent matchup.