Utah 69 Kentucky 66

futurecoach

I agree with the above post. It takes luck as well as talent and coaching. Their 1958 and 1998 teams had luck. 2010 and 2015 team no doubt should have won it. 2011 and 2014 also should have won once they were fortunate enough to get to the FF. 1986 and 2003 teams were championship material too. 2017 team were cheated out of the opportunity. Having the best teams don’t always mean you’re going to win the championship.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes you got to get lucky to win one (1998), sometimes you get incredibly unlucky and lose one you shouldn't (2015). Despite not winning the title, you can't make a credible argument that the 2015 team wasn't by far the best team in the country.

That one still hurts.

• 2 months later...
We might as well face it guys, this team just can’t shoot and they can’t play defense good enough to cover it up against a good team.

I think this years team has shown that this may have been a normal early over reaction post.

I think this years team has shown that this may have been a normal early over reaction post.

I’ll admit The defense has improved a good bit especially after the Auburn loss but a lot of that is just hard work and wanting to. However they still are not a real good shooting team. Since the Utah game they have only shot above 50% 3 times of 2 of which was on the road and 2 of the three were against 14-14 Georgia and two times we’ve shot under 40% since that game. Defense won the game today.

I’ll admit The defense has improved a good bit especially after the Auburn loss but a lot of that is just hard work and wanting to. However they still are not a real good shooting team. Since the Utah game they have only shot above 50% 3 times of 2 of which was on the road and 2 of the three were against 14-14 Georgia and two times we’ve shot under 40% since that game. Defense won the game today.

Yeah hard work in practice, learning how to play with each other, how to talk, etc. The same things that they learn every year, yet every year many of the same people have the same overreactions and act like it will be like that all year. It’s just kind of funny how people still truly haven’t learned that yet.