Open Job: Boyle County

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Told by a friend that Coach Hodge was in the area over the weekend. Boyle folks like him and he would be a good fit.

Could be coincidental - his parents live fifteen minutes away in Lancaster. But I'd love to see John get another shot somewhere, even if not Boyle.

Brandon Smith is of course number 1 on the Boyle want list. Haddix is number 2 and then several other good candidates. Hodge is not on the list.

Have you seen the list, I’m being told there’s bigger names on the list than Haddix, no disrespect to Haddix I think he’s a great coach but from what I’m hearing he’s probably 4th or 5th on the list.

Have you seen the list, I’m being told there’s bigger names on the list than Haddix, no disrespect to Haddix I think he’s a great coach but from what I’m hearing he’s probably 4th or 5th on the list.

I haven't seen list. I know Brando is number 1 on list. Haddix is in the next 3 and depending on who you talk with who the number 2 choice is. That came from someone on the selection comm. and maybe that was their choice.

I haven't seen list. I know Brando is number 1 on list. Haddix is in the next 3 and depending on who you talk with who the number 2 choice is. That came from someone on the selection comm. and maybe that was their choice.

I guess you’re right it just depends on which committee member you talk to, we must not have talked to the same one .😁

Edited by Jack Lambert

He does, but I'm just not comfortable sharing it. If the info was coming from different sources I would dismiss as just another rumor but those I've heard it from aren't in the same circles and don't really know each other and it would be a BIG get. Also let me say this, i'm nobody. There are many who have much better info than I do. I'm just a fan and supporter. I do personally view the Boyle job as one of the top public school jobs in the state and i'm aware many may not. Having said that, if half of the names that have applied are correct the list is impressive and Boyle seems to be close to landing a really good, proven coach. Brandon Smith is still my #1 but there seems to be little chance of that happening now.