Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Boyle County

Featured Replies

Not sure Travis is much of a head coach. Didn’t do much at Lincoln County. Obviously he understands the game but ability to manage a program, motivate teenagers, evaluate talent and put them in the right spots is very questionable.

 

There was this guy by the name of Robbie Lucas who didn’t fair very well at Lincoln County in the early 2000’s and then ended up going to a much better situation as an assistant at Somerset, then ended up getting the head job and, well, the rest is history.

  • Replies 241
  • Views 70.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My guess/prediction is Travis Leffew.

 

Just throwing a dart to see if it sticks. I have no info at all on if he is even applying.

 

I do hope Josh Jaggers applies.

 

Not sure if he’s applied or not but definitely don’t see that happening, was told last week that they have a long list of applicants and that people may be surprised at some of the names that have applied for the opening, I definitely don’t see them hiring one of the current assistant coaches.

Not surprising. Writing his own story there.

 

I think this job and who gets it is real interesting now. Boyle’s “wish list” and who they actually get might be two different things. They’ll get a good coach, but who the chatter is about and who actually get offered, then pulls the trigger to pack yo their families and move?

 

Whole lot of factors in these decisions nowadays on the coaches end of things- more so than ever before.

 

Pardue is retiring also, Hester is retiring from the classroom but staying onto coach at least until his youngest son graduates in a year or two. Are there not any assistants that want it? Bill Mason has gotten into administration while still helping out, Mike Settles has to be getting close to retirement age/years like Hester and might not want to ride that horse again?

 

This will be interesting.

 

I was told that Settles retired about a week ago or so ago.

I was told that Settles retired about a week ago or so ago.

 

Too many ago’s.

Not sure if he’s applied or not but definitely don’t see that happening, was told last week that they have a long list of applicants and that people may be surprised at some of the names that have applied for the opening, I definitely don’t see them hiring one of the current assistant coaches.

 

I personally believe that if it isn’t Brandon then Travis is the logical choice. Boyle county has a system that few can repeat and will take someone who knows the way to keep it going. I think that Travis has coached under chuck for two years now and seen how he runs the program. Travis first stint as head coach was going based on what he knew as a player of Chuck so I believe this time you would see a different approach. I just think that the program needs a coach that will continue to lead and run it the way it has been under Chuck. Change happens and sometimes it’s for the better but I like the if it ain’t broke don’t fix it way better.

Not sure if he’s applied or not but definitely don’t see that happening, was told last week that they have a long list of applicants and that people may be surprised at some of the names that have applied for the opening, I definitely don’t see them hiring one of the current assistant coaches.

 

I wouldn't be surprised at any name on that list. It is a great program with great tradition, tremendous facilities, evidently a fantastic feeder system as well as some tremendous coaches still on staff. Competing against Brandon's teams is very much like facing Chuck's teams. I have much respect for the teams he places on the field. We had five losses from 2016 to 2018 with 3 State championship appearances. Three of the 5 losses were to South Warren. Talented but coached extremely well on both sides of the ball. Good luck with the search.

I personally believe that if it isn’t Brandon then Travis is the logical choice. Boyle county has a system that few can repeat and will take someone who knows the way to keep it going. I think that Travis has coached under chuck for two years now and seen how he runs the program. Travis first stint as head coach was going based on what he knew as a player of Chuck so I believe this time you would see a different approach. I just think that the program needs a coach that will continue to lead and run it the way it has been under Chuck. Change happens and sometimes it’s for the better but I like the if it ain’t broke don’t fix it way better.

 

 

No disrespect to Travis I’m sure he’s a great person but I believe that would be taking a step in the wrong direction, he just doesn’t have the experience way to much time and money spent on the program to take a gamble like that. IMO

Honest question for Boyle fans...

 

I mentioned Josh Jaggers and another poster did, and I was a little surprised at the response from Boyle fans.

 

Is there a back story with the Jaggers family or just Josh and Boyle we aren't aware of?

 

On the surface he seems like a real good fit if Boyle had to go to a Plan B or C. He is a young and growing coach who has done more with less and never had a talent pool at his disposal remotely close to what he would have at Boyle. He knows his way around CKY, graduated from Danville, and his dad won a title down the road in Mercer County.

 

Just a little surprised that Boyle fans are so quick to dismiss him as a viable option and wondering if there is a back story as to why?

  • Author
My guess/prediction is Travis Leffew.

 

Just throwing a dart to see if it sticks. I have no info at all on if he is even applying.

 

I do hope Josh Jaggers applies.

 

I'm somewhat doubtful that Jaggers is interested to apply. Based on the response that Boyle County fans gave him in here, either they can't get their heads around having a Danville grad coaching their Rebels, or they're expecting Boyle County to take the step into FBS in the next alignment and need someone with a proven bowl record.

I'm somewhat doubtful that Jaggers is interested to apply. Based on the response that Boyle County fans gave him in here, either they can't get their heads around having a Danville grad coaching their Rebels, or they're expecting Boyle County to take the step into FBS in the next alignment and need someone with a proven bowl record.

 

Funny you should mention a Danville coach at Boyle County not sure if it’s true or not but I was told that Sam Harp has applied for the Boyle job, as far as Jagger’s goes I just don’t see the appeal.

I'm somewhat doubtful that Jaggers is interested to apply. Based on the response that Boyle County fans gave him in here, either they can't get their heads around having a Danville grad coaching their Rebels, or they're expecting Boyle County to take the step into FBS in the next alignment and need someone with a proven bowl record.

242a27daec3ce994c18844d2049c024f1d8d0598_hq.jpg

I'm somewhat doubtful that Jaggers is interested to apply. Based on the response that Boyle County fans gave him in here, either they can't get their heads around having a Danville grad coaching their Rebels, or they're expecting Boyle County to take the step into FBS in the next alignment and need someone with a proven bowl record.

 

As of today I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t apply. He probably already has. I hope he has.

I'm somewhat doubtful that Jaggers is interested to apply. Based on the response that Boyle County fans gave him in here, either they can't get their heads around having a Danville grad coaching their Rebels, or they're expecting Boyle County to take the step into FBS in the next alignment and need someone with a proven bowl record.

 

Are you talking about fans or a fan? Personally I have no clue on Jaggers. Don't know him so I can't say anything bad or good about him. I trust that who ever Boyle hires will be the best coach available that fits what we want.

 

And for the record we Rebel fans are not expecting to take the step to the FBS.

There is a coaching cliche that you don’t follow a legend but you want to be the guy that follows the guy that followed the legend. Taking over Boyle after Chuck Smith is going to be tough. It does of course happen where someone steps in after a legend and continues but it’s typically not the norm. I believe Boyle has done it before (though I believe that individual was involved in the program before) but it’s tough. Whoever they hire I wish them luck. It’s going to be a ton of pressure.

There is a coaching cliche that you don’t follow a legend but you want to be the guy that follows the guy that followed the legend. Taking over Boyle after Chuck Smith is going to be tough. It does of course happen where someone steps in after a legend and continues but it’s typically not the norm. I believe Boyle has done it before (though I believe that individual was involved in the program before) but it’s tough. Whoever they hire I wish them luck. It’s going to be a ton of pressure.

 

The OC that just retired, Chris Pardue, took over after Chuck Smith left the first time. That saying proved true then. Pardue was there a couple of years and then left. Larry French came in and won two titles almost immediately.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.