Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Boyle County

Featured Replies

Tommy may end up being the best player from that team, but they won it in middle school because of Kaden. He’s the best middle school player I’ve ever seen. He is now at Franklin.

 

We are talking about now, not middle school. Kaden was a great player then, but so was Tommy. Tommy has now proven himself at the high school level. Kaden has been in three different schools in the last two semesters if you are correct about him being at Franklin. Who knows where he will be this time next year. I stand by my statement, since we are talking about now not what used to be.

  • Replies 241
  • Views 70.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What if it isn’t the coach’s decision?

 

Who do you think will make that decision?

Who do you think will make that decision?

 

The rumor I heard is that it will be Cole’s. Not sure how true it is and I haven’t heard it directly from him or his family but I heard he is very adamant about not playing QB.

We are talking about now, not middle school. Kaden was a great player then, but so was Tommy. Tommy has now proven himself at the high school level. Kaden has been in three different schools in the last two semesters if you are correct about him being at Franklin. Who knows where he will be this time next year. I stand by my statement, since we are talking about now not what used to be.

 

Tommy is a fantastic player and an even better young man. The sky’s the limit for him. I would’ve liked to seen Kaden stay put at Boyle, but I do think Franklin will be good for him.

The rumor I heard is that it will be Cole’s. Not sure how true it is and I haven’t heard it directly from him or his family but I heard he is very adamant about not playing QB.

 

Cole first of all is a winner and a team player. He is an excellent passer who sees the field well and a gifted runner who as we all know creates havoc with any defense. I did talk with him about this last spring and every indication I got from him, was that he planned to play quarterback. This was at a baseball game where we we sitting together. I get the feeling from him that he will do whatever is necessary in his power to make his team a winner. I have talked with him since, but we didn't mention anything about the QB question. To me , he has some of those tools to be a Johnny Manzel type of QB when I saw him perform at Texas A&M.

The rumor I heard is that it will be Cole’s. Not sure how true it is and I haven’t heard it directly from him or his family but I heard he is very adamant about not playing QB.

 

I talked to Cole at one of Boyle middle school games towards the end of the season and he said Pardue had asked him to play QB next year and he told me that if they wanted him to play QB that he was going to.

There haven't been any statements or rumors about any coach staying or going. That being said, I'm not sure what the motivation would be to leave, besides returning to your home town. South already has a great culture and will be a team contending for another state championship for a few more years. There are at least 5 D1 players that will graduate in 21 & 22. The school and parent support is tremendous. And Smith has a cadre of coaches that he knows and trusts. He might go, but I think that would be highly surprising to South's players and parents.

There haven't been any statements or rumors about any coach staying or going. That being said, I'm not sure what the motivation would be to leave, besides returning to your home town. South already has a great culture and will be a team contending for another state championship for a few more years. There are at least 5 D1 players that will graduate in 21 & 22. The school and parent support is tremendous. And Smith has a cadre of coaches that he knows and trusts. He might go, but I think that would be highly surprising to South's players and parents.

 

I think he stays because of all of that.

I talked to Cole at one of Boyle middle school games towards the end of the season and he said Pardue had asked him to play QB next year and he told me that if they wanted him to play QB that he was going to.

 

Good deal. Good to get some quick confirmation on a rumor.

I think he stays because of all of that.

 

I mean, it really does all boil down to how much he would want to come home. He's built South Warren into something, and for the foreseeable future, I can't see anything knocking them down a peg. He's probably got about a decade before Warren County inevitably builds another school and dilutes the talent pool again. Chances are, he would maybe have a shot for the next go-round when it comes open again.

 

All that being said, I imagine almost every coach in this area would help him pack if he wanted to go.

I mean, it really does all boil down to how much he would want to come home. He's built South Warren into something, and for the foreseeable future, I can't see anything knocking them down a peg. He's probably got about a decade before Warren County inevitably builds another school and dilutes the talent pool again. Chances are, he would maybe have a shot for the next go-round when it comes open again.

 

All that being said, I imagine almost every coach in this area would help him pack if he wanted to go.

 

Extremely valid point.

Good deal. Good to get some quick confirmation on a rumor.

 

Unless he’s changed his mind that’s what Cole told me at the Boyle, Bate playoff game.

I think incoming Freshman Avery Bodner could get the job done at qb. Cole Sims is not bad either. Lanter will be their best receiver next year. If he does play qb who will he throw it to besides Luke Shepperson?

I think incoming Freshman Avery Bodner could get the job done at qb. Cole Sims is not bad either. Lanter will be their best receiver next year. If he does play qb who will he throw it to besides Luke Shepperson?

 

Sheperson, Zeismer, Logan, Clark, Alexander,Sims,Tiller and Jackson Smith have all shown the ability to be at a level from great to very good receivers. Then add Will McDaniel out of the backfield who has great pass catching ability and is a threat to score every time he touches the ball. I want to have my dual threat weapon like Cole Lanter touching the ball on every play rather than a few times per game at WR. I like Cole Sims and Avery Bodner very much as future QB's, but in my opinion, neither is ready for the starting job and especially not while we have Lanter.

Sheperson, Zeismer, Logan, Clark, Alexander,Sims,Tiller and Jackson Smith have all shown the ability to be at a level from great to very good receivers. Then add Will McDaniel out of the backfield who has great pass catching ability and is a threat to score every time he touches the ball. I want to have my dual threat weapon like Cole Lanter touching the ball on every play rather than a few times per game at WR. I like Cole Sims and Avery Bodner very much as future QB's, but in my opinion, neither is ready for the starting job and especially not while we have Lanter.

 

Agree totally, well said!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.