Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Boyle County

Featured Replies

Not disagreeing, but why do you think Boyle is a much better job.

 

For me the main reason is because of public funding and it being dispersed equally amongst each high school. In Warren County if South Warren wants a field house it is harder for them to get it because every Warren County high school has to get the same thing. I believe South Warren is still waiting for their turf to be installed while Warren Central and Warren East already have theirs. Greenwood is line somewhere as well. There is no sharing and waiting with other high schools in Boyle County. There is only Boyle County.

  • Replies 241
  • Views 70.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I personally would aim for the fences if Brandon says no. Couple or three names that were coaching in the finals.

All the players mentioned above are great players. Boyle is going to be a really good team next year and the years to come. This 2020 class has been in the works since middle school and a lot of time and effort has been put in for this group to be successful in high school. With this 2020 class not winning state the last two years I think it may be a while before another Boyle team wins state. Doesn't mean they won't have great teams and it is extremely hard to win a state title. I just think this was their best chance to win state for a while these last two years. Brandon Smith is a great coach and he could get them on another run though.

 

I think winning state has just as much to do with your competition as well as your talent. This Boyle County team didn’t win state but they are arguably one of the more talented teams to ever play at Boyle County. Nothing they can do if someone is better than them. It happens.

What has happened at Danville? Have all the good players headed to Boyle? They were always a great program and perhaps they are just in a down cycle. Sometimes it's tough to follow a legend even if you are his son. As long as the talent holds up he'll be ok.

 

Danville still has talent. They were just young this year. They’ll be fine. They won state 2 years ago and lost to a pretty good Somerset team the year after. This season they were young. They’ll be back. Guaranteed.

  • Author

I'll say this.......I wouldn't want to be the guy who has to follow up Chuck Smith's act.

So who is the dark horse in this good ole fashion off season derby? All of the before mentioned candidates have already been disputed by other readers (contributors) for one reason another (legitimate or not).

 

Who is the coach that comes knockin' on Boyle County's door and administration and boosters are surprised and excited? A guy who may have just left the state within a year or two? Someone noone thought would leave but is maybe on the back 9 of his career? An up and coming first time head man with ties to the community (or absolutely none at all which makes him attractive)?

 

Anyone have any?

 

Not yet. I feel like we have to wait on Brandon Smith before we begin that discussion. I imagine if he stays at South Warren that this will be a highly coveted job amongst a ton of public school coaches.

I think you have some options here for sure. It is Brandon Smith’s job to turn down. After that it becomes a crap shoot. There will be plenty of interest and there will be plenty of people stay away bc it is tough to follow the man that built the program from ground up. Chuck should be proud of what he built, of his mentor taking over and winning two titles and the Chuck taking back over and getting it right back on top where Boyle belongs. In the end I think Brandon comes home. But if not....

 

Does Jeff Hester want it? If so he should be next in line, he is the GLUE that has held BC together since early in the 2000’s.

 

Would Larry French entertain an offer if they reached out to him? He knows the way............

 

Mike Settles currently on staff. Knocked Boyle out of the playoffs when at Bullet East.

 

From the Boyle lineage : John Hodge winningest coach of all time at Bourbon Co. Travis Leffew former Lincoln Co HC and one of the all time great players? Jacob Tamme maybe if he wants to get back in the game? Some former assistants that know the “Boyle Ways.”

 

A complete outsider to me would be a huge gamble with the house that Chuck built. But it will be an interesting Christmas break. Congrats to Coach Pardue and Coach Smith on an outstanding, remarkable career in KY high school football. Two of the best to ever do it IMO. And on top of it, they are super people on and off the field.

 

Enjoy how ever much time you take off before you get back in the game somewhere. (Speculation - but both have previously coached college and will have a hard time just hanging out, bc they are too good at what they do!!!).

I'll say this.......I wouldn't want to be the guy who has to follow up Chuck Smith's act.

 

As they always say, follow the guy who followed the legend.

 

At the same time it doesn’t matter for Brandon. He was Chuck Smith’s son at one point when he began coaching but now the whole state knows him as Brandon Smith. And the folks at South Warren LOVE Brandon Smith. They won’t just let him go easily.

 

I think he stays there......

I think you have some options here for sure. It is Brandon Smith’s job to turn down. After that it becomes a crap shoot. There will be plenty of interest and there will be plenty of people stay away bc it is tough to follow the man that built the program from ground up. Chuck should be proud of what he built, of his mentor taking over and winning two titles and the Chuck taking back over and getting it right back on top where Boyle belongs. In the end I think Brandon comes home. But if not....

 

Does Jeff Hester want it? If so he should be next in line, he is the GLUE that has held BC together since early in the 2000’s.

 

Would Larry French entertain an offer if they reached out to him? He knows the way............

 

Mike Settles currently on staff. Knocked Boyle out of the playoffs when at Bullet East.

 

From the Boyle lineage : John Hodge winningest coach of all time at Bourbon Co. Travis Leffew former Lincoln Co HC and one of the all time great players? Jacob Tamme maybe if he wants to get back in the game? Some former assistants that know the “Boyle Ways.”

 

A complete outsider to me would be a huge gamble with the house that Chuck built. But it will be an interesting Christmas break. Congrats to Coach Pardue and Coach Smith on an outstanding, remarkable career in KY high school football. Two of the best to ever do it IMO. And on top of it, they are super people on and off the field.

 

Enjoy how ever much time you take off before you get back in the game somewhere. (Speculation - but both have previously coached college and will have a hard time just hanging out, bc they are too good at what they do!!!).

 

Word on the street is Coach Hester doesn’t want it.

 

I was wondering if Settles would want it.

 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Travis Leffew applies.

 

I’d be shocked if Larry French came back.

 

Love me some Coach Hodge!!!!!

 

Not sure about Jacob. I’d be surprised if he wanted it. I’d also be surprised if they chose him over experienced coaches.

 

I wish I could see the list of applicants. :lol2:

I think you have some options here for sure. It is Brandon Smith’s job to turn down. After that it becomes a crap shoot. There will be plenty of interest and there will be plenty of people stay away bc it is tough to follow the man that built the program from ground up. Chuck should be proud of what he built, of his mentor taking over and winning two titles and the Chuck taking back over and getting it right back on top where Boyle belongs. In the end I think Brandon comes home. But if not....

 

Does Jeff Hester want it? If so he should be next in line, he is the GLUE that has held BC together since early in the 2000’s.

 

Would Larry French entertain an offer if they reached out to him? He knows the way............

 

Mike Settles currently on staff. Knocked Boyle out of the playoffs when at Bullet East.

 

From the Boyle lineage : John Hodge winningest coach of all time at Bourbon Co. Travis Leffew former Lincoln Co HC and one of the all time great players? Jacob Tamme maybe if he wants to get back in the game? Some former assistants that know the “Boyle Ways.”

 

A complete outsider to me would be a huge gamble with the house that Chuck built. But it will be an interesting Christmas break. Congrats to Coach Pardue and Coach Smith on an outstanding, remarkable career in KY high school football. Two of the best to ever do it IMO. And on top of it, they are super people on and off the field.

 

Enjoy how ever much time you take off before you get back in the game somewhere. (Speculation - but both have previously coached college and will have a hard time just hanging out, bc they are too good at what they do!!!).

 

Jeff Hester has a son who is a Jr and I think if he was a Sr. he would maybe be leaving with Pardue and Chuck so I honestly don't think he would entertain at all. I think Settles and Travis Leffew would both get consideration if they applied. I think John Hodges exit at Bourbon would make him a tough sell. French would NOT entertain a return. Besides, I think he's happy.

 

I should share that I have not talked to any of the 5 coaches above about this and this is merely speculation on my part.

To add to that, I think Boyle County is a much better job than South Warren but I don’t know that his situation would be significantly different at Boyle County than it is at South Warren. Only Brandon knows what it would take for him to leave.

 

 

I’ll also add that Boyle County needing an OC is a nice checkmark for Brandon to have in order to bring his OC, Matthew McCloud, with him.

 

Mccloud could get closer to his hometown of Mercer County!

You maybe right, although I think Bill would be the only in-house coach that would be successful and in saying that I’m not saying Chuck Smith successful.��

 

I would hire Settles before Mason.

I talked to Bill Mason this afternoon and he said his name is not on the list and didn’t sound interested at all, being told Hester is staying till his son graduates, wouldn’t be shocked if Jacob Tamme is involved I heard that rumor early last season, in all honesty I don’t think there’s a coach on the staff that could keep Boyle at the level their at now, if Brandon declines, and if I were Boyle I would go after some of the top coaches in the state with a proven pedigree of competing for state titles.

I would hire Settles before Mason.

 

I wouldn’t, but Masons not interested and in all honesty I wouldn’t hire a coach on the staff to replace Chuck, Boyle can’t settle for a unproven head coach they have to hire a coach with a proven track record of competing for state titles. Just my opinion

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.