Open Job: Boyle County

Boyle’s loaded with young talent!

Next season's Jr. class was Middle School runner-up and the Soph. class where State Champions.

Boyle has D1 Tommy Ziesmer, and soon to be Jackson Smith. RB McDaniel is back along with most of the O-Line. Recievers, Shepardson, Clark, and Little Lanter are all back. Boyle will be in the mix for the next few seasons.

Sounds like its good to be a Rebels fan!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My records show:

Chuck Smith 212-44 (82.81%) in 19 total seasons

1st Stint

1992-2004 (13 seasons)he was 143-32.

5 straight state titles 1999-03, runnerup 04

2nd Stint

2014-2019 (6 seasons) he was 69-12.

1 state title 2017, runnerup 2019.

In his 9 season absence, Chris Pardue led the Rebels for three seasons and Larry French for six:

Chris Pardue 22-15 (59.46%), no titles.

Larry French 71-11 (86.59%), 2 titles.

I know you are big on what SW has in the pipeline, what does BC have coming up that could entice B. Smith away? Other than going back home, is there a lot of talent in the pipeline at BC that could pull him away from SW?

Yes. And looking even further down the road....the Tammes, Leffews, Perrys all have kids in elementary school.

I know you are big on what SW has in the pipeline, what does BC have coming up that could entice B. Smith away? Other than going back home, is there a lot of talent in the pipeline at BC that could pull him away from SW?

To add to that, I think Boyle County is a much better job than South Warren but I don’t know that his situation would be significantly different at Boyle County than it is at South Warren. Only Brandon knows what it would take for him to leave.

I’ll also add that Boyle County needing an OC is a nice checkmark for Brandon to have in order to bring his OC, Matthew McCloud, with him.

To add to that, I think Boyle County is a much better job than South Warren but I don’t know that his situation would be significantly different at Boyle County than it is at South Warren. Only Brandon knows what it would take for him to leave.

I’ll also add that Boyle County needing an OC is a nice checkmark for Brandon to have in order to bring his OC, Matthew McCloud, with him.

Believe it is Andrew McCloud and Andrew is from Mercer County I believe.

Brandon is married, am not sure where his wife is from but I would say that has a lot to do with his decision to stay or go.

There were rumors that Brandon was a finalist for the Frederick Douglass job when it opened. If that rumor is true then I have to imagine that moving has been discussed.