Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Boyle County

Featured Replies

Boyle’s loaded with young talent!

Next season's Jr. class was Middle School runner-up and the Soph. class where State Champions.

 

Boyle has D1 Tommy Ziesmer, and soon to be Jackson Smith. RB McDaniel is back along with most of the O-Line. Recievers, Shepardson, Clark, and Little Lanter are all back. Boyle will be in the mix for the next few seasons.

 

Sounds like its good to be a Rebels fan!

  • Replies 241
  • Views 70.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brandon Smith on the line....

I'm sure this news that came out today is not surprising to Brandon.

My records show:

 

Chuck Smith 212-44 (82.81%) in 19 total seasons

 

1st Stint

1992-2004 (13 seasons)he was 143-32.

5 straight state titles 1999-03, runnerup 04

 

2nd Stint

2014-2019 (6 seasons) he was 69-12.

1 state title 2017, runnerup 2019.

 

In his 9 season absence, Chris Pardue led the Rebels for three seasons and Larry French for six:

 

Chris Pardue 22-15 (59.46%), no titles.

Larry French 71-11 (86.59%), 2 titles.

The only name that I’ve heard other than Brandon is Bill Mason.

I know you are big on what SW has in the pipeline, what does BC have coming up that could entice B. Smith away? Other than going back home, is there a lot of talent in the pipeline at BC that could pull him away from SW?

 

Yes. And looking even further down the road....the Tammes, Leffews, Perrys all have kids in elementary school.

The only name that I’ve heard other than Brandon is Bill Mason.

 

They will not hire Bill Mason.

Brandon is married, am not sure where his wife is from but I would say that has a lot to do with his decision to stay or go.

I know you are big on what SW has in the pipeline, what does BC have coming up that could entice B. Smith away? Other than going back home, is there a lot of talent in the pipeline at BC that could pull him away from SW?

 

To add to that, I think Boyle County is a much better job than South Warren but I don’t know that his situation would be significantly different at Boyle County than it is at South Warren. Only Brandon knows what it would take for him to leave.

 

 

I’ll also add that Boyle County needing an OC is a nice checkmark for Brandon to have in order to bring his OC, Matthew McCloud, with him.

Brandon is married, am not sure where his wife is from but I would say that has a lot to do with his decision to stay or go.

 

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe she is from the Hodgenville area.

They will not hire Bill Mason.

 

You maybe right, although I think Bill would be the only in-house coach that would be successful and in saying that I’m not saying Chuck Smith successful.

To add to that, I think Boyle County is a much better job than South Warren but I don’t know that his situation would be significantly different at Boyle County than it is at South Warren. Only Brandon knows what it would take for him to leave.

 

 

I’ll also add that Boyle County needing an OC is a nice checkmark for Brandon to have in order to bring his OC, Matthew McCloud, with him.

 

Believe it is Andrew McCloud and Andrew is from Mercer County I believe.

Brandon is married, am not sure where his wife is from but I would say that has a lot to do with his decision to stay or go.

There were rumors that Brandon was a finalist for the Frederick Douglass job when it opened. If that rumor is true then I have to imagine that moving has been discussed.

Believe it is Andrew McCloud and Andrew is from Mercer County I believe.

 

Yes. That sounds correct. Not sure where I got Matthew from.

You maybe right, although I think Bill would be the only in-house coach that would be successful and in saying that I’m not saying Chuck Smith successful.

 

I could see him or Travis Leffew doing good if they got the job.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.