Somerset 34 Mayfield 31 (Class 2A State Championship)

theguru

Is there really debate on the PI call? That’s as clear cut a call as you’ll see all weekend.

As clear cut as you'll see? You're comical. The exact same thing happened the other way around in the first half. Blatant pass interference but our kid still catches it over Sheron at the one yard line. Not only did they not throw the flag but also said he caught it out of bounds when he clearly had a foot in. I challenge someone to find that play on Twitter please.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#6 was in that spot 2 full seconds before the receiver got there. Same idea as a charge in because. He has every right in the world to that spot on the field. He is about to jump up for the ball and the receiver flies right into him. And I second the questionable call of saying the runner made it out of bounds on the first play of that drive. Was definitely in bounds when tackled. Crucial.

Not true. You cannot stand in place and block a WR's path to the ball. It doesn't matter if he was standing there when the play started. If you contact a WR while the ball is in the air and block his path to the ball, it is PI.

Not true. You cannot stand in place and block a WR's path to the ball. It doesn't matter if he was standing there when the play started. If you contact a WR while the ball is in the air and block his path to the ball, it is PI.

Possibly the most famous interception of all time, Malcolm Butler of the Patriots absolutely levels a Seahwaks receiver to intercept the ball. Point blank, it's a no call. They're both playing the ball. Y'all can't be serious.

Possibly the most famous interception of all time, Malcolm Butler of the Patriots absolutely levels a Seahwaks receiver to intercept the ball. Point blank, it's a no call. They're both playing the ball. Y'all can't be serious.

I’m just waiting for the Mayfield fans to start calling for a return to 1A.

I’m just waiting for the Mayfield fans to start calling for a return to 1A.

Haha we are just fine where we are. Lost a top player in the state in the 1st quarter and let the game slip away with zeroes on the clock to a great team.

Some may have forgotten, but I still remember when Crittenden briefly went 2A. They tore it up. We're just fine where we're at. Beechwood and Mayfield do not belong in 1A.

#6 was in that spot 2 full seconds before the receiver got there. Same idea as a charge in because. He has every right in the world to that spot on the field. He is about to jump up for the ball and the receiver flies right into him. And I second the questionable call of saying the runner made it out of bounds on the first play of that drive. Was definitely in bounds when tackled. Crucial.

He fell with over half his body out of bounds right at a refs feet. That's not even an issue.

Haha we are just fine where we are. Lost a top player in the state in the 1st quarter and let the game slip away with zeroes on the clock to a great team.

Some may have forgotten, but I still remember when Crittenden briefly went 2A. They tore it up. We're just fine where we're at. Beechwood and Mayfield do not belong in 1A.

:lol2: interesting name change.

As clear cut as you'll see? You're comical. The exact same thing happened the other way around in the first half. Blatant pass interference but our kid still catches it over Sheron at the one yard line. Not only did they not throw the flag but also said he caught it out of bounds when he clearly had a foot in. I challenge someone to find that play on Twitter please.

I’m not talking about any other calls. I’m talking about the one at the end of the game. It was clear cut pass interference. Period. If you think they missed a call at a different time of the game, that’s a completely different conversation.

We're just fine where we're at. Beechwood and Mayfield do not belong in 1A.

And you’re right about that much. Both those had no business in 1A. When you just expect to be in the finals every year, and the fans just assume another championship, the path isn’t difficult enough. Sure Mayfield would’ve been excited about the win, but nowhere near as excited as Somerset was. Happy for Somerset!

And that is why I said if the same thing happens 2 yards further downfield where the ball hits, probably a no call. But it didn't. He hit the WR before he could get to where the ball was while the ball was in the air. And the ball hit well behind both of them. It wasn't a play on the ball when the ball hit that far behind them. Malcolm Butler made a play on the ball. Neither of the guys today could get to the ball because the contact happened up from where the ball hit.