Somerset 34 Mayfield 31 (Class 2A State Championship)

theguru

Or the refs could let them play ball instead of injecting themselves in the game. Mayfield player played the ball the entire time and Was more aggressive. Also thought Somerset player was tackled inbounds in beginning of that drive and they called him out.

Great season by Somerset and congrats. Great game and they never quit.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Somerset was ever going to win a title, I wanted it to be against the best. Mayfield is the best pound for pound program in the state. I knew the second half would be tough, because I've followed Mayfield long enough to know they always make great halftime adjustments. My heart goes out to their kids and I know they are hurting right now. I hate how people say one team just wanted it more, that's a load of crap...those Cardinals wanted this just as bad as my Jumpers did.

As for Somerset, this is how it had to be. We've had to fight different types of adversity this year and got kicked square in the teeth today when Mayfield took the lead late in the game. The boys could have lost focus and lost the game easily, that's what everyone expected. They had a 100 years of Briar Jumpers willing them on at the end...and in the end Jumper Pride finally got the job done!

Here is the play. Looks like the right call to me.

Twitter

Saw a different angle from another twitter post. Which was still left some doubt about accuracy of call. But this was a better angle. And no, not a good call. Mayfield player goes straight up and Somerset player runs into him. Crappy call. But it is what it is.

Here is the play. Looks like the right call to me.

Twitter

Saw a different angle from another twitter post. Which was still left some doubt about accuracy of call. But this was a better angle. And no, not a good call. Mayfield player goes straight up and Somerset player runs into him. Crappy call. But it is what it is.