Somerset 34 Mayfield 31 (Class 2A State Championship)

theguru

The still shot photo being posted doesn’t show that the Somerset player initiated 100% of the contact. For me, that is where I don’t get it. Doesn’t matter now.

I will say it was an outstanding game. I thought Somerset played with great sportsmanship (lot of butt and helmet pats, helping opponents up, etc.). They were a fun team to watch and certainly deserving of the title. Congrats to you guys. I’m proud of Mayfield and their perseverance this season. Had some ups and downs. Came up one play short. Wouldn’t trade my alma mater for anyone.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The still shot photo being posted doesn’t show that the Somerset player initiated 100% of the contact. For me, that is where I don’t get it. Doesn’t matter now.

I will say it was an outstanding game. I thought Somerset played with great sportsmanship (lot of butt and helmet pats, helping opponents up, etc.). They were a fun team to watch and certainly deserving of the title. Congrats to you guys. I’m proud of Mayfield and their perseverance this season. Had some ups and downs. Came up one play short. Wouldn’t trade my alma mater for anyone.

Let it go man. Grats on getting there.

Let it go man. Grats on getting there.

Easy to be on the high ground when you win. If that flag wasn’t thrown I don’t think you would be letting it go so easy either. Not to mention I complimented Somerset more in that post than I questioned the call.

Easy to be on the high ground when you win. If that flag wasn’t thrown I don’t think you would be letting it go so easy either. Not to mention I complimented Somerset more in that post than I questioned the call.

Ok. You’ve been complaining for several hours. It’s over. Mayfield has an unbelievably good football team. Have a good off season.

What a game. This is why we love this sport. For Mayfield great season, but this was the bunnies year. I was impressed with Somerset's line play. Harper, Johnson, and Simmons were legit lineman, and we'll be seeing them playing on Saturday's, but one more year at the Briar patch for Johnson. Simmons moved well for a big guy, most of the runs went behind him, and heard he's getting offers. Johnson without a doubt one of the best centers in 2A, maybe even state. As for the officials, lets see the clip of the fumble they gave Somerset, then gave back to the Cards. Its football, its part of it. On a side note think about how many Juniors, Sophs, and freshman play, and start for Somerset. District 4 will be crazy next year. Maybe bugs bunny was suited up as a ref for the game, who knows. A win is a win. Until next year that's all folks.

What makes you say that?

Im guessing because BadaBing obviously congratulated Somerset on their win, spoke on their great sportsmanship and stated how fun of a team they were to watch. He also made one more single comment on the PI call. (Shame on him, take him to the woodshed lol.) And Oldgoldsoul quickly responds "Let it go man" like he's Elsa off of Frozen. He is just very defensive of any questioning of a call but could care less if anyone compliments his team. But to each their own. You've always been super professional and a good ol dude on here Jumper. Anyone else excuse us if we show any ill emotion after a big loss. I know that's a terrible sin.

Im guessing because BadaBing obviously congratulated Somerset on their win, spoke on their great sportsmanship and stated how fun of a team they were to watch. He also made one more single comment on the PI call. (Shame on him, take him to the woodshed lol.) And Oldgoldsoul quickly responds "Let it go man" like he's Elsa off of Frozen. He is just very defensive of any questioning of a call but could care less if anyone compliments his team. But to each their own. You've always been super professional and a good ol dude on here Jumper. Anyone else excuse us if we show any ill emotion after a big loss. I know that's a terrible sin.

The cold never bothered me anyway!

Rule 2 reads in part:

2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes, name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, team, or school.

AND

If you feel that a specific post violates our rules, please report it using the "Report Post" feature - the triangular “!” icon located in the bottom left-hand side of every post.

Rule 14 reads as follows:

14. If you repost or quote content that is against the rules, you are similarly as guilty, and face the identical consequences as the member who originated it.