Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

You Make the Call

Featured Replies

TD! I think he got in, but if you don't think he did, I would understand that too.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would be great to see a series with DeSales and Belfry on a neutral field maybe at EKU. Both schools fans will travel for the game, and I think it could become a great rivalry. Next year is the last for StX and Paducah Tilghman on the DeSales schedule. Belfry could take the place of either.

  • Author
It would be great to see a series with DeSales and Belfry on a neutral field maybe at EKU. Both schools fans will travel for the game, and I think it could become a great rivalry. Next year is the last for StX and Paducah Tilghman on the DeSales schedule. Belfry could take the place of either.

 

I get the impression that if they were in two different classes it would have happened from comments from the coaches last week. Haywood hates playing teams he may see again down the road, so it will be difficult to see that happening while both are in 3A, especially with this new playoff system.

 

Post game gesturing aside, this game provided everything you would have wanted from a Semi-Finals match-up though on every level.

From all I have watched, looks like he broke plane then pushed back. You hate to see a looser in a game like this but that's how competition goes. It should not define the fine season DeSales had.

I feel like it was a td and even if it wasn't it's a hard call to make as there is no replay available. Refs get calls like that wrong all the time and will continue to do so, even if replay is introduced.

 

It's a bad look on coach Scroggins part though, I understand the fans complaining, that always happens. But a coach, particularly one of his stature should just accept the call and move on.

Was this the PAT? If so why was the ball snapped from inside the 1 yard line? Was there a foul against DeSales on the previous play. Just wondering.

 

Sorry. I see where it was on the TD in the 2nd OT.

The craziest thing I have witnessed on this subject was in the Georgia 1A Private playoffs last year.

 

The home team has live video on their jumbo scoreboard, obviously not something very many schools have the luxury of.

 

There was a bang-bang call on the field that did not go the home team's way. The Coach proceeded to argue with the official and then called a timeout. During the timeout the video screen showed a replay over and over of the call while the Head Coach held quorum and insisted the officials watch it.

 

Coming out of the timeout the officials then chose to reverse the call.

 

I do believe they ultimately made the right call eventually, but I don't think they should never have over turned the call given the circumstances. It was a Catch 22. Had this been at literally 99.9% of other high schools the call would have never been reversed.

 

Alabama high schools can now challenge a call and the officials look at the replay. I think it started last year. My high school was one of the test schools.

Touchdown.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #13 - Punctuation

That one call didn’t win or lose the game for Desales. Nothing to see here, can’t tell one way or the other.

He's in.

 

Not sure I like this trend of high school amateurs instant replay. HS Officials do the best they can. I'm always impressed considering I see dudes calling big time games miss calls with all the instant replay resources in the world.

 

The ref is in perfect position on the goal line and signals TD before the runner is on the ground. I will go with the person with the perfect view and no bias- TD.

 

This. Absolutely this. There's not a team out there that hasn't been on the winning end and on the losing end of a questionable call. These are high school sports, and high school sports don't have replay. Pitching a fit over replay doesn't accomplish much of anything.

 

Also, after I've watched all the videos, I haven't seen a single thing that can convince me he made it in, and I haven't seen a single thing that can convince me that he didn't make it in.

 

This is exactly where I am. The ref has a perfect view and signaled immediately and confidently, which is exactly what he should have done.

 

Agree with all of this.

As posted in other thread.

 

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 Full.jpg

 

Looks like most of the upper torso is on or over the line. And, though not directly visible, the ball is being held against the upper torso.

 

No "blown" call here. It looks right. And the referees deserve credit for making an apparent correct call.

He's in.

 

Not sure I like this trend of high school amateurs instant replay. HS Officials do the best they can. I'm always impressed considering I see dudes calling big time games miss calls with all the instant replay resources in the world.

 

I would assume every official in every high school sport - especially football - hates the introduction of instant replay at the pro and college level. It has caused a completely unrealistic mindset in the stands and on the sidelines. These bang-bang plays at the goal line are very hard to officiate.

That looks like a touchdown to me.

Edited by bugatti
Added a period.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.