Burrow & Fields

Tones

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@VoR If you want to skip this bad season then sure. You’re also assuming he wins the Heisman next year. As futurecoach says, let me see it definitively then I’ll let you know lol.

You SEC homers can twist anything. Somehow, we nonchalantly pretend like Fromm wasn’t a projected top 20 pick this year.

Edited by John Anthony

Wasn't Fromm in 2018 considered an early favorite in the Heisman race? If that is the case, which I believe it was, of course Georgia would continue to play him, esspecially after they had built their offense around him in the preseason.

They never built their offense around Fromms skill set. They put from in their system. The best coaches in the country fit the offense around the players. The 2 best offensive minds in college football: Lincoln Reilly and Ryan Day in the past 3 years have had 3 different QBs with 3 different skill sets and have ran 3 different offenses. That’s what Joe Brady has done with Burrow at LSU. It’s crazy how quickly people forget 2018 Joe Burrow. He was just an average QB. He was a late round draft pick at best. Joe Brady comes in, molds the offense around Burrow and his skill set and they’re thriving. That’s the opposite of what Georgia has done with Fromm. Take it one step higher in to the NFL and look at what the Ravens are doing with Lamar Jackson. The Ravens have never run that offense before because no NFL team has. They molded their offense around the QB. Same thing with what Andy Reid did with Patrick Mahomes in KC. Then you hear Georgia people talk about how Fields never fit the scheme of the offense at Georgia. I mean my God if a guy this talented doesn’t fit your scheme then you should probably have a different offense. I mean are we really going sit here and try and defend a coaching staff in Athens that tried to hire the revolutionary Eddie Gran as their OC this past offseason?

@Voice of Reason @Jumper_Dad @futurecoach

What makes you all think Fromm needs another year?

I don't think he needs another year. At this point assuming they don't lose another one in the regular season. He would be one win away from making the playoffs for the 2nd time in his 3 years starting. Shoot he was a quarter away from making the playoffs back to back last season too.

I don't think he needs another year. At this point assuming they don't lose another one in the regular season. He would be one win away from making the playoffs for the 2nd time in his 3 years starting. Shoot he was a quarter away from making the playoffs back to back last season too.

This thread is disingenuous to Fromm.

You love to pretend like the extra time, maturation and development did nothing for Burrow. Lamar Jackson is 27 days younger than Burrow. Flawed logic.

No logic, just looking at what you said. If you want to back track now and think he'd be a Heisman contender if he had stayed, that's fine.