Three-way ties for top district seed?

Jim Schue

I know of at least one: Holy Cross beat Campbellsville tonight and Bethlehem beat Fort Knox to create a 3-way tie atop 1AD2, with HC, C'ville and Bethlehem all at 2-1.

That triggers the whole "beaten opponents" tiebreaker to sort out the finish order, right?

b) TIE-BREAKER (more than two teams). Should three or more teams tie for the a district position based upon the win-loss record, the position shall be determined by the following:

i) If one of the teams has defeated each of the other teams

tied in games contested between them, that team shall be declared to hold the highest position, and the winner of the game between the remaining teams (if less than four) shall be declared the second highest position. In the event of more than three teams being tied, where one has defeated each of the tied teams, that team shall be declared the highest position, and the tie-breaking procedure shall be re-applied for the remaining tied teams.

ii) If the tie remains, each team tied for the position shall receive one point for each game won by any four of their defeated opponents in all games, except for the games played between any two of the tied teams. All games played shall be counted in applying the tie-breaking procedure, including out of state games, with the exception that a defeated school may be counted only once in the procedure regardless of the number of games played against that particular school. Teams awarded forfeit victories (whether or not a forfeit fee is paid) may count the defeated opponents of the forfeiting team, provided the game was not replaced on the schedule.

So, if I’m looking at it correctly, Holy Cross is in the drivers seat for the 1 Seed, with Bethlehem’s win over Eminence looking huge and Campbellsville needing a win over KCD next week to avoid going on the road first round.

So, if I’m looking at it correctly, Holy Cross is in the drivers seat for the 1 Seed, with Bethlehem’s win over Eminence looking huge and Campbellsville needing a win over KCD next week to avoid going on the road first round.

That's the way I'm seeing it.

HC has 17 as of right now with a possible 6 more if they beat Walton.

Bethlehem has 11 as of right now with a possible 5 more if they beat Estill.

C'ville has 9 with a possible 18 with a win over KCD.

That's the way I'm seeing it.

HC has 17 as of right now with a possible 6 more if they beat Walton.

Bethlehem has 11 as of right now with a possible 5 more if they beat Estill.

C'ville has 9 with a possible 18 with a win over KCD.

Which means Bethlehem cannot win the district. It will be either Holy Cross or Campbellsville at #1 seed.