4A #1 Boyle County at 2A Danville Predictions/Updates

charlesw88

Who wins?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Boyle County(2-0) will travel the short 2 miles to Danville High School to take on the Danville Admirals(1-1). One of the better known rivalries across the state. One that is filled with many state championships combined which of course is why it's known as Title Town.

Boyle County is coming off two dominating performances. Danville, however, is coming off a 21 point loss to a decent Bardstown team. A game where Burns couldn't get anything going on the ground and a game where Bardstown was able to score 21 points in the 4th quarter.

Does Boyle County roll right through Danville or does Danville find a way to keep it close and maybe even win?

Who wins? Why?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tempted to say Boyle in a rout, but I thought the same thing last year and Danville really made a game of it. No matter what the margin ends up being, I think Boyle's superior talent wins the day.

BTW, does this rivalry have a nickname, like the "Showdown in Title Town" or the "Title Town Tilt"? If not, somebody needs to get on that.

I like the "Titletown Showdown." This rivalry game was first played in October 1965 at Centre College and ended in a 0 - 0 tie. Danville currently owns a series advantage of 35-21-1. Through 1979, Danville owned a series lead of 9-5-1; however, after Boyle won in 1979 on a last second touchdown, the series took a decided turn for the Admirals. Danville won the next 19 consecutive games from 1980 through 1996. During this stretch the teams played three times in the playoffs, being in the same class and district. Boyle regained the win column in the 1996 playoff game, winning 12 - 0, after losing the regular season game 35 - 20. Many of the games during the Danville streak of 19 straight wins were very lopsided. With the Boyle win in the 1996 playoffs, the tide turned for the Rebels in the series, making it a true rivalry again. Since that playoff win, the Rebels hold a 16 - 7 series advantage, with the 2018 score of 34 - 17. During that stretch, Boyle has had win streaks of 3, 3, 4 and 3.

Clay Clevenger took over as the Admirals head coach in 2013, and is 2 - 4 against the Rebels, winning in 2016 and 2017. Chuck Smith took over as head coach of the Rebels in 1992 and coached through 2004, eventually taking over again in 2014 through the current year. During his two-term tenure with the Rebels, Smith holds a 10 - 11 record against the Admirals. It was a slow start in the rivalry for Smith, going 0 - 7 to start the series; however, he finished his first tenure with a record of 7 - 9 against the Admirals. In his second stint, Smith is 3 - 2. Smith is also 3 - 2 versus Clevenger, head to head.

Rivalry games are often unpredictable; however, I will take the Rebels in the 2019 version of the "Titletown Showdown."

I'm tempted to say Boyle in a rout, but I thought the same thing last year and Danville really made a game of it. No matter what the margin ends up being, I think Boyle's superior talent wins the day.

BTW, does this rivalry have a nickname, like the "Showdown in Title Town" or the "Title Town Tilt"? If not, somebody needs to get on that.

I'll be the first on record to say that this game will end in a running clock. Danville has a ton of speed but lack overall experience and on top of that they happen to be facing potentially one of the best Boyle County teams ever. Potentially is the key word there. Because I like this rivalry so much I truly hope Danville can make a game out of it and keep Boyle County grounded.

Danville just has to get thru this one with no injuries and keep improving They have to at least find a way to block 73 up front and keep him from the QB or Danville won’t even hardly get a play off. I’m not a Boyle or Danville fan but watched Boyle last week and they are really good even though they were not playing anybody that kid dominated the game on both sides from the line. Boyle’s overall team speed, especially on defense is as fast is I’ve seen in my 40 years of watching High School Football. Boyle 56-0

I look for Boyle to win going away with this one. Will not be surprised if it is a running clock the second half. The question that I want to ask and would like your guys response. Will Boyle score within the first 2 offensive play of the game like they have the first two games so far?