I Give You a Chicken Breast...

Kentucky Windage

I've tried many ways.

One that is easy and always passes approval and is the easiest.... marinade in Italian dressing. Cook over charcoal. Always solid, never failed.

Tomorrow, I'll give out my other fail safe recipe.

For what it is worth, for chicken to turn out you must.... must cook it on charcoal add in a few water soaked wood chips.

I cook a lot of chicken at my house. There are plenty more ways that I'll cook it, but I'd say the most common variants are these:

1) Split into cutlets, marinated in Italian dressing for about an hour, then tossed on the grill.

2) Cut into strips, grilled, and tossed in wing sauce.

3) Cut into 1" chunks, browned, simmered Indian vindaloo sauce, or occasionally tikka masala or korma sauce, and then served over a bed of basmati rice.

4) Put in the crock pot along with a can of golden mushroom soup, a packet of Italian dressing mix, an 8oz tub of sour cream and chive cream cheese, and a knob of butter, cooked for about 6 hours, and then served over egg noodles or rice.

5) Split into cutlets, marinated in my homemade barbecue sauce and thrown on the grill.

6) Split into cutlets, marinated in a combination cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, chili powder, salt and olive oil, and either grilled or sauteed with apple slices.

7) Split into cutlets, dredged in flour seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. The dredged a second time with Panko bread crumbs, coated with good parmesan cheese, baked on a raised rack, and served over angel hair pasta with marinara.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

7) Split into cutlets, dredged in flour seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. The dredged a second time with Panko bread crumbs, coated with good parmesan cheese, baked on a raised rack, and served over angel hair pasta with marinara.

This would likely be somewhere in the neighborhood of No. 1 for me. Learning this variant has been an important part of dating someone with Italian heritage. There's another where I simply fry that parmesean-encrusted chicken right in a pan.

Back when I still had a yard and a grill, marinating chicken in soy sauce and lemon juice then grilling it was VERY common for me.

Cube it, marinate it in Italian dressing with extra garlic, skewer it with peppers, onions and mushrooms, wrap in foil and grill.

The local Kroger has chicken breast stuffed with (I think) cheese and asparagus. Revolting.

If I'm going to grill it I would marinate in Italian dressing overnight then pat it dry and season liberally with some type of blackening seasoning. Then cook indirect on charcoal with a chunk of cherry wood.

If I'm cooking it during one of the colder months my go to is generally chicken tortilla soup. I've tried countless recipes for that and have yet to find one I don't like. One of my favorite things to eat out of a slow cooker.

For something really light and quick, we've often cut the chicken up into bite-size pieces and sautéed them just a tiny amount of oil and sprinkled lemon pepper over them as they cook. Usually we serve it with a flavored rice or noodles dish. (It's a great way to use the chicken breast if you come home and realize that you forgot to put it in the marinade earlier. :( )