What is your favorite restaurant "freebie?"

Randy Parker

Chips and salsa in a landslide for me.

This.

I’ve noticed at some of the nicer Mexican restaurants I’ve dined at that chips and salsa are often considered an appetizer or a side order.

This doesn’t fly with me, chips and salsa should be a freebie.

Chuy's chips and jalepeno ranch dip is off the chain good.

My man. I’m usually so full by the time I get my food that I can’t eat it all. It’s one of the few places I go that I will have leftovers from because I eat so much chips and dip.

The salted rye at Walt's Hitching Post in Fort Wright wins it by a mile.

After that, I'd say it's probably a toss-up between whether I'm in the mood for something more savory, in which case it's the Italian bread and seasoned olive oil at Carraba's, or a little sweeter, in which case it's the rolls at O'Charley's or Texas Roadhouse.

Olive Garden breadsticks aren't too bad, but they don't compete with any of the others. Same with the honey wheat bread at Outback. I wouldn't be upset if you dumped every single cheddar biscuit straight in the garbage. Those things are gross.

I really like chips and salsa, but I'm yet to come across any of them for free at a restaurant that could even hold a candle to the salted rye at Walt's.

Carino's does that. Very tasty.

And Carrabba's Italian Grill.

Those were the two places that popped in my head when I thought about it. I think it’s Carinos that puts little crunchy pieces in with the olive oil and spices too. Extra points for that.