Trinity 56 Henry Clay 35

scooterbob

I spent most of the second quarter in the car, flipping out, as I tried to get reception for the radio broadcast as I was coming home from the Dayton-Louisville game in Cincinnati. So, as you can imagine, I don't have a whole lot to say about the game itself.

But it seems that this is the second straight week in which the Rocks have outscored a very talented offensive team. Both the power of the offense and the skill of the defense are to be commended. I can't wait for Thursday.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats ROCKS! The execution on offense was amazing (third down conversion 10-12). Nick really spread the ball around nicely to all of his receivers. Coaches did a great job of adjusting to HC defense (Nick's 164 yds rushing), i/e. Blayne Donnell last year, just another wrinkle Ryle will have to contend with. Good luck to Minnifield and Jeter at the next level. Coaches will get special teams attention this week in practice. Onward to our other home field, The Pizza Palace. GO ROCKS!

Ryle isn't quite as athletic as Henry Clay but Gray is one heck of a runningback. Ryle is much more sound on defense than Henry Clay. Ryle could beat Henry Clay off of their style of run the ball and eating clock and solid defense. I've seen Herny Clay in person and Ryle in person as close as you can be and Ryle is a solid football team. Will not be a cake walk for Trinity.

I have not seen Ryle play this year but have followed them very closely. I have been picking them to be the runner-up in the 4A title game at Papa John's all year long. My opinion has not changed. I pick the Rocks by 28 as they take the state title lead with 17 away from Highlands.

Good LUCK rocks..............OUCH that hurts!

Just so the record book has me consistent on this topic... I noticed an HC player with yellow tape over his shoes. I suppose the independence movement is spreading... I am not a fan of it. All it did was look like flags had been thrown on each play. They kind of looked like roller skates as the HC defender chased Trinity players to the end zone time after time.

Just so the record book has me consistent on this topic... I noticed an HC player with yellow tape over his shoes. I suppose the independence movement is spreading... I am not a fan of it. All it did was look like flags had been thrown on each play. They kind of looked like roller skates as the HC defender chased Trinity players to the end zone time after time.

I thought that same thing. What part of uniform don't players understand?