Trinity 56 Henry Clay 35

scooterbob

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they will need to fix those things if they want to beat Ryle. But congrats to the Rocks for pulling out the victory despite all of those miscues. Shows the signs of a Good football TEAM.

I guess the good news is that kick-off problems only occur after you score. The Rocks faced two of the best return men in the state in back to back games (Minniefield and Beaumont) and we managed to win. They will get it fixed but I doubt that Ryle has anywhere near the skill kids of Henry Clay or Male.

Great start by the Rocks.... shell shocked the Devils. I thought the intimidation bit was just something last years HC team did but apparently it is their MO. In my humble opinion they should spend less time on chest beating and fancy dances and more time on tackling drills. Athletic talent put some HC points on the board. Talent and teamwork put a lot more on the board. Crowd announced as 42,000+... no wonder the bathroom lines were so long!

Sorry KHSAA....WE"RE BAAAAACK!

Talent, teamwork, and most importantly........discipline. That makes the Trinity program what it is!

I won't say that Trinity does not have talented athletes, but I am not blown away with their talent. What blows me away is their execution! Just outstanding.

A very, very well coached football team.

I guess the good news is that kick-off problems only occur after you score. The Rocks faced two of the best return men in the state in back to back games (Minniefield and Beaumont) and we managed to win. They will get it fixed but I doubt that Ryle has anywhere near the skill kids of Henry Clay or Male.

I am not so convinced it was bad special teams coverage or just great play-making by Minnifield and Jeter returning tonight. They are two of the better skill players in the state.

I am not so convinced it was bad special teams coverage or just great play-making by Minnifield and Jeter returning tonight. They are two of the better skill players in the state.

I am inclined to agree with you there...however I have seen a couple teams get returns on us that shouldn't have been anywhere near as good as they were. The difference tonight though was that Minnifield and Jeter were good enough to take advantage of our miscues. Most of the teams we have played this year don't have players that come close to those two in skill. :thumb:

Do you have anything positive to say at all? I guess if it's not Trinity, they're not good enough...right? Seriously dude lighten up a little. Ryle must have done something right to make it to this point so quit putting them down and underestimating them, otherwise you're going to be in for a rude awakening.

Bottom line, show a little class.

Both of those kids are super players. The fact is we tackled very poorly at times and it almost cost us. Trust me, it didn't go un-noticed.

Do you have anything positive to say at all? I guess if it's not Trinity, they're not good enough...right? Seriously dude lighten up a little. Ryle must have done something right to make it to this point so quit putting them down and underestimating them, otherwise you're going to be in for a rude awakening.

I have no doubt that Ryle has some excellent players, but I do indeed doubt that they have a comparable number of skill players at the same level as the players for Male and Henry Clay respectively.

Don't get me wrong, we didn't have many (if any) players that were as talented (or even close) to the likes of Beaumont and Minnifield. That said our TEAM still won. Ryle got to where they are this year as a team, be proud of it. No need to take offense at a comment that was not as derogatory as some may think.

Please refrain from offering your unwanted posting advice. If I'm breaking some rule, report it.

FYI, we all know what people mean when they label a team a "finesse team". Well you go right on thinking, you'll see Thursday.

"LSURock" is just stating his opinion as is the case for all of us posting comments on BGPreps. This has nothing to do with class. I haven't seen him post an opinion on the championship game, but I say Trinity wins by 3+ touchdowns with no disrespect intended to Ryle.