Trinity 56 Henry Clay 35

scooterbob

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the score, i'd say T's defense wasn't too good tonight either.

Henry Clay returned a kick-off and a punt for TD's, scored on a 4th and long, and scored on a freak pass play from Minnifield to Boyd.

Henry Clay also returned 2 more kickoffs for 50+ yards.

Give Henry Clay credit, they have some play-makers, but Trinity's coverage teams are more to blame then their defense.

Henry Clay returned a kick-off and a punt for TD's, scored on a 4th and long, and scored on a freak pass play from Minnifield to Boyd.

Henry Clay also returned 2 more kickoffs for 50+ yards.

Give Henry Clay credit, they have some play-makers, but Trinity's coverage teams are more to blame then their defense.

Well they will need to fix those things if they want to beat Ryle. But congrats to the Rocks for pulling out the victory despite all of those miscues. Shows the signs of a Good football TEAM.

Great start by the Rocks.... shell shocked the Devils. I thought the intimidation bit was just something last years HC team did but apparently it is their MO. In my humble opinion they should spend less time on chest beating and fancy dances and more time on tackling drills. Athletic talent put some HC points on the board. Talent and teamwork put a lot more on the board. Crowd announced as 42,000+... no wonder the bathroom lines were so long!

Sorry KHSAA....WE"RE BAAAAACK!

RP, you've been a T fan who has been following Ryle quite closely all year. If they make some of these same mistakes thurs, do you honestly think they will beat Ryle?

Our mistakes were blown coverages in the kicking game, and in the secondary. Now, I don't necessarily think we can afford the over 200 yards in return game that we gave up tonight...BUT, I do think that we will correct it, even if it is a slight correction, with that, I do think that Henry Clay has a more complete stable of athletes than that in Union. I think the Rocks should win this one.