stick1

Who wins the 3A state title?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 3A state title?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gut says CovCath wins the 3A title. I can't really give the reasons behind my pick because I have not followed either team this year very much. Kind of like betting at old Latonia because of the horse's name or the color of the jockey's silks. (I'm sorry this post did not add more to this thread, but what the heck.....it wouldn't be the first one.)

My gut says CovCath wins the 3A title. I can't really give the reasons behind my pick because I have not followed either team this year very much. Kind of like betting at old Latonia because of the horse's name or the color of the jockey's silks. (I'm sorry this post did not add more to this thread, but what the heck.....it wouldn't be the first one.)

Well if the color of the silks, I'm going with the purple and gold of BG in honor of my alma mater.

Which Latonia Race Track? The one that is now Turfway, or the original Latonia Race track in Latonia (Covington)....I remember both :D

Guest bgrocks
This is not a jab but an honest question as I have no knowledge of BG...are there really that many D1 kids on this team? Are we talking letters from, or offers from? If were talking the latter, that would be a major first. Some of the best teams ever never signed more than maybe 3 or 4 to big colleges...I find that fact amazing if true...can't wait to seem them perform.

Here's article from Courier last week about Purples' offers and contacts.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061122/SPORTS05/611220477/1031/SPORTS05

Nothing I can say will change your mind on CovCath beating BG, but I will say the only teams to hold CovCath to below 14 points were Cin St. X, Cin Elder, and Columbus Waterson, and trust me Cynical BG isn't as good as those three above named schools.....not even close....

Having not seen BG at all (not just this year but ever) I'll have to agree with theoldguy here. Those three schools are excellent football teams and I don't think that any team in Kentucky is close to these teams. I think that against LexCath, CCH proved that they can win a shootout. Not saying that this game will be a shutout but I'm just saying that CCH can put a whole heck of a lot of points on the board. I just think that CCH's offense is too balanced and strong. Can't wait for the game on Friday. I'll be there all day to watch NCC as well. Best of luck to the 'Breds. Make NKY proud.

CCH 35

BG 14

You obviously haven't watched BG much this year.

I'm not implying that they are one-dimensional, but when your best player (by a long margin) is Avery Hibbitt, and your stud o-lineman is Stuart Hines, you tend to feed what works. I'm not implying they are still running their 3 back set, but I can ASSURE you, if you don't get Hibbitt off you have no shot on Friday night.

Are you telling me he won't carry the mail 25 times or more on Friday? Okay.

If CC thinks BG is going to live and breath with Avery Hibbitt, this game just got a whole lot easier.

Trust me, while I'm not involved in the "game-planning" (luckily for CCH), I'm fairly sure the Coaches are aware of all of the weapons that BG possesses. I just hope they are as intent as abandoning Hibbitt as you make it appear. I just have a hunch we're going to see a steady dose of Hibbitt between the tackles, and believe, I hope I'm wrong and you guys drop back and wing it all over the yard. Nothing would make me happier.