3A Championship: Covington Catholic vs Bowling Green

stick1

Who wins the 3A state title?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 3A state title?

Guest bgrocks

Overall I don't think I have seen a BG team as focused as this one. They have gone about their business all year with a workmanlike frame of mind. There is no trash talk, no taunting, none of the stuff that has plagued some of these teams in the past. In other words, they have the look and demeanor of a champion.

This is one of the top three or four teams ever.

Go BG.

I agree. This team is very business like. After the first few scrimmages at the beginning of this season, when we lost so many starters, they could have easily thrown in the towel. There were very high expectations for this group after last season & this team rose to the challenge. Back in mid August playing without 7 starters, I would have never thought we would be playing in December. Regardless of the outcome Friday night, there are soooo many proud parents, friends, alumni, etc..... of this Purples team!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Cincy Enquirer:

CovCath under pressure: Back where they belong

John Rodenberg knew expectations were high when became Covington Catholic's football coach before the 2005 season. And this week, as the Colonels prepared for their first state final appearance since 1997, he's had plenty of reminders.

"People keep coming up to me and saying, 'Listen, we're 5-0 in state championship games,'" Rodenberg said. "People expect to win here. They expect you to beat Highlands and expect you to beat Beechwood and expect you to win state championships. I like that. I thrive off that. That's why I took the job.

The wind chill will actually warm up at game time to about 24 degrees.

cshs81...Have you heard whether or not the Blue Flu has hit the school across the CovCath Highway hard? If not so yet, I bet that by 1pm that strange Blue Flu will be clearing the school out.... Only know cure that my doctor told me about, was for my daughter is to go see CovCath play. I believe in 04 and 06 better than 80% of the students at the school across the CovCath Highway came down with the Blue Flu..:D

I'm looking forward to listening to this game. I think it will be a good game and unfortunately it will also be the last game until late next summer. Someone will have to start the countdown on BGP. (Just kidding --- please don't.)