stick1

Who wins the 3A state title?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 3A state title?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume so. He played in the Johnson Central game. No injuries for CCH that I am aware of.

Thanks, wasn't sure if he played or not, my radio reception was fuzzy the whole game.

His return definitely bolsters an already strong defense.

From the Courier-Journal:

Colonels, Purples meet expectations by making final

John Rodenberg didn't screw it up.

Entering his second season at Covington Catholic High School, the coach had a good feeling about his football team during the preseason.

If I don't screw this up, we'll be pretty good," he said in August.

The Colonels (11-3) have been better than good, going 11-0 against opponents from Kentucky this season. On Friday at 7:30 p.m. they'll face Bowling Green (13-1) in their first state final since winning the Class AAA championship in 1997.

From the Bowling Green Daily News:

The Running Man: Purples' all-time leading rusher hopes to end career with state title

Avery Hibbitt has made the most of his time on the Bowling Green football team.

Since becoming a starting running back as a sophomore, the 5-foot-10, 179-pound senior has rewritten the Purples' record book.

This season Hibbitt became the school's all-time leader in rushing yards (he has 3,612 heading into Friday's Class 3A championship game) and touchdowns (66). His 454 career points is also a team record.

From the Courier-Journal:

Colonels, Purples meet expectations by making final

John Rodenberg didn't screw it up.

Entering his second season at Covington Catholic High School, the coach had a good feeling about his football team during the preseason.

If I don't screw this up, we'll be pretty good," he said in August.

The Colonels (11-3) have been better than good, going 11-0 against opponents from Kentucky this season. On Friday at 7:30 p.m. they'll face Bowling Green (13-1) in their first state final since winning the Class AAA championship in 1997.

When did Nathan Kater grow to 6'1?

Colonels come into title game battle tested

When Covington Catholic steps onto the field Friday night at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium in Louisville, it will be well prepared for the matchup with Bowling Green in the Class 3A state championship.

This season, the Colonels have won all 11 of their games against in-state opponents - but it might be the three loses they endured to teams outside the commonwealth that readied them more than anything else.

Colonels come into title game battle tested

When Covington Catholic steps onto the field Friday night at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium in Louisville, it will be well prepared for the matchup with Bowling Green in the Class 3A state championship.

This season, the Colonels have won all 11 of their games against in-state opponents - but it might be the three loses they endured to teams outside the commonwealth that readied them more than anything else.

Very nice article. :thumb: