stick1

Who wins the 3A state title?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 3A state title?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone curiuos why BG has been ranked #1 in just about every poll this year, all year long?

Cov. Cath is good, BG is good, both will be ready to play. BG however has 30 seniors who left the Pizza Box almost exactly a year ago with a very bad taste in their mouth. BG will play this game with a different swagger than they have all year long. Hibbit will be ready to redeam himself.

Embaresment is a wonderful motivator.

BG 24

Cov Cath. 14

Anyone curiuos why BG has been ranked #1 in just about every poll this year, all year long?

Cov. Cath is good, BG is good, both will be ready to play. BG however has 30 seniors who left the Pizza Box almost exactly a year ago with a very bad taste in their mouth. BG will play this game with a different swagger than they have all year long. Hibbit will be ready to redeam himself.

Embaresment is a wonderful motivator.

BG 24

Cov Cath. 14

Nothing I can say will change your mind on CovCath beating BG, but I will say the only teams to hold CovCath to below 14 points were Cin St. X, Cin Elder, and Columbus Waterson, and trust me Cynical BG isn't as good as those three above named schools.....not even close....

CCH has already played well in bad weather twice this year, rainy and cold, and the temp at LexCath was about 30 degrees.

Weather will be a non-factor for this team.

...and...coach R refused help from some of us who wanted to provide heaters on the sidelines...said his guys didn't need distractions! Go Colonels!

BG will be fine. Cov. Cath won't break 28 points. BG held St. X under 28 with basicly a M.A.S.H version of their defense and an offense that made them defend a short field more times than they would have liked. MArk it down, BG is a team on a mission.

The last time BG was a real team on a mission was 1995. Of course, it was Cov. Cath that put them on that mission.

This is not a jab but an honest question as I have no knowledge of BG...are there really that many D1 kids on this team? Are we talking letters from, or offers from? If were talking the latter, that would be a major first. Some of the best teams ever never signed more than maybe 3 or 4 to big colleges...I find that fact amazing if true...can't wait to seem them perform.

Stuart Hines is the only player with D1 A offers, somewhere around 10 I believe. Jackson, Hibbitt, Tinius and Beard have offers from some D1AA schools. Not that they shouldn't be proud and excited about their offers (very few high school players advance to the next level) but I think the story of BG having a lot of D1 players is overhyped. They have some talented senior and junior players, but clearly they are considered the underdogs next week. I don't know much about Covington Catholic. Do they have any players being recruited for the next level?

they've got several pretty good athletic kids...for Ky football. They have two who have the bodies and the athleticism to play big time...Sutton and Popham the kicker. They have several who will play something at some level in college, but to my knowledge, no one is knocking down doors.

BG will be fine. Cov. Cath won't break 28 points. BG held St. X under 28 with basicly a M.A.S.H version of their defense and an offense that made them defend a short field more times than they would have liked. MArk it down, BG is a team on a mission.

The last time BG was a real team on a mission was 1995. Of course, it was Cov. Cath that put them on that mission.

So Cynical from 14 to 28 points. Looks like you are starting to respect our offense.... Now you had better start respecting our "D" too....Less see, who has scored 29 points against CovCath..... Columbus Watterson and LexCath... Again your "O" isn't as strong as those two programs.

The number 9 team in the Nation Cin St. X only scored 23 against CovCath...... and the team from Ft. Thomas put up 21 on St. X while you scored only what "7"..... Gee, on turf we love turf, and in the cold. we love the cold.... Close game, but wait, have you heard about out Place Kicker....Popham....you do have a place kicker that kicks 50+ yard FG and makes them don't you?

CovCath wins, just like in 94 when you started on your mission impossible.....

So Cynical from 14 to 28 points. Looks like you are starting to respect our offense.... Now you had better start respecting our "D" too....Less see, who has scored 29 points against CovCath..... Columbus Watterson and LexCath... Again your "O" isn't as strong as those two programs.

The number 9 team in the Nation Cin St. X only scored 23 against CovCath...... and the team from Ft. Thomas put up 21 on St. X while you scored only what "7"..... Gee, on turf we love turf, and in the cold. we love the cold.... Close game, but wait, have you heard about out Place Kicker....Popham....you do have a place kicker that kicks 50+ yard FG and makes them don't you?

CovCath wins, just like in 94 when you started on your mission impossible.....

Every school seems to have one guy that makes other schools start to root against them.

Every school seems to have one guy that makes other schools start to root against them.

Often it is that same guy that inspires his fellow "homers" to remember that, in this case, "spirit that will not die".

CovCath is on a so-called mission as well. I say CovCath in a come from behind two-touchdown victory.