What is your favorite cartoon of all-time?

Randy Parker

What is your favorite cartoon of all-time  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite cartoon of all-time

• Mickey Mouse
    • The Simpsons
    • Looney Tunes
    • Roadrunner
    • Tom & Jerry
    • Scooby Doo
    • Family Guy
    • The Flinstones
    • Dragon Ball Z
    • South Park
    • Other

This is a tough one. As a child, Roadrunner and Jonny Quest and the Jetsons were up there, but my favorite was Droopy.

Then I had children and watched a completely new generation of cartoons. I really liked a lot of the Nickelodeon stuff. Doug, Real Monsters, Catdog and several others. Of the “newer” cartoons, two stand out.

Ren and Stimpy

Beavis and Butthead

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me Looney Tunes are the best. It's too bad they don't make cartoons like those anymore. Everything is a half hour series, which is fine, but give me the ones from the good ole days every time.

To me it's hard to compare some of these on the list as they are such different formats. I like Simpsons, Family Guy, etc. but these shows are really something different the the Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse shorts that used to be popular.

I especially like the Looney Tunes featuring Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam.

I'm surprised that Bullwinkle is not on the list.

Adult Swim first hit the airwaves on late-night Cartoon Network when I was in high school. Huge soft spot for a lot of those shows both old and new. The answer is probably from among some of those:

Sealab 2021

Space Ghost Coast-to-Coast

Venture Brothers

Rick and Morty

Space Ghost Coast to Coast was fantastic!

LOVE Rocky and Bullwinkle. Love Mr. Peabody and the way back machine even more.

I loved Looney Tunes growing up, and at one time had a boxed set on DVD. Looking back on them now, some of the humor wouldn't fly today.

There were a lot of other Hanna-Barbera cartoons that I also enjoyed beyond the ones mentioned in the poll. Huckleberry Hound, JabberJaw, Yogi Bear etc. I also really enjoyed Starblazers and can remember running home from the bus stop so I could get home in time to see the start of the next episode.

Of the choices listed, I voted for Family Guy. However, after reading through some posts and reflections, I would change my vote.

I do like the following: Scooby All-Star Laugh Olympics, Johnny Quest, Speed Racer, and Popeye. However, in retrospect, I would have to say my favorite (other than Family Guy) is The Animaniacs!

I say, I say, son, in my haste I forgot to add Foghorn Leghorn.......also the Tasmanian Devil.

Thank God for Mel Blanc...who voiced numerous cartoon characters. What a talent!

Edited by tcjkbt

Looney Tunes by a mile.

Nothing comes close to those classics in my cartoon world.

Bugs, Daffy, Porky, Elmer Fudd, Sylvester and Tweety, Yosemite Sam, Fog Horn Leghorn, Marvin the Martian, Tasmanian Devil....All great!

My second choice would be Tom and Jerry.

I have to ask, does Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the whole Peanuts gang qualify as a cartoon? If so, they are my favorite. Maybe someday Charlie Brown will actually get to kick that football.

This is a tough one. As a child, Roadrunner and Jonny Quest and the Jetsons were up there, but my favorite was Droopy.

Then I had children and watched a completely new generation of cartoons. I really liked a lot of the Nickelodeon stuff. Doug, Real Monsters, Catdog and several others. Of the “newer” cartoons, two stand out.

Ren and Stimpy

Beavis and Butthead

I love me some Droopy!!!