Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Purdue 99 Tennessee 94 (OT)

Featured Replies

Defender made contact with the shooters hip while he was still in the air. Easy call.

 

Just watched a video on twitter. That was a tough call.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just watched a video on twitter. That was a tough call.

 

I was in attendance. It was one of the more easier calls of the night IMO.

Just watched a video on twitter. That was a tough call.

 

It definitely was a foul. The only thing is you also see many refs swallow their whistle at the end of a game when that happens. Which always gets to the point though if it is a foul 2 minutes into a game, then why shouldn't it be a foul with 2 seconds left in the game. So definitely a foul, but some refs just simply won't call at the end.

I went to the game and because of that, I missed many of the replays and commentary. I do not think the NCAA allows controversial replays to be shown on the big screen at the games, because we sure didn't see any.

 

After having a chance to look at replays this morning, a whole lot happened in the last 3 seconds of this game.

 

I can't speak to the blocked shot being off the Purdue player. I haven't seen a replay that would change the call on the court as being Purdue's ball.

 

On the inbounds pass, the Purdue player took a LONG time to inbounds the ball. Should it have been a 5 second call? I thought so, but I did not have a stopwatch on it. Bang bang call.

 

Did the Purdue player step out of bounds before the 3 point attempt? I'll let the attached photo speak to that.

 

Was there a foul on the three point attempt? I say yes/no. Without going into it, I do NOT think a foul should have been called. I think the official bailed out the Purdue player. The official should have called the players feet out of bounds and the foul/no foul would have had no bearing.

 

It was a poorly officiated game both ways, but I say Tennessee got jobbed in the end.

I can not get the picture of the Purdue player's foot touching the out of bounds line, uploaded on this site.

 

Maybe someone else with more IT savvy could help me.

I could see him returning for his senior season. The NBA market for 6'6" back-to-the-basket post players is not that lucrative. His game doesn't strike me as one that can convert to the perimeter, which is where he will have to play in the NBA.

PJ Tucker is the closest comparison in the NBA for Grant Williams. Obviously that’s a pretty high ceiling so no guarantee Williams could get to that level, but his game mirrors PJs a lot.

Does anyone just really not care to discuss how bad officiating is in basketball anymore? If my team gets screwed yeah, I’ll complain, but any other game it’s hard for me to get worked up about the bad officiating because it’s so ingrained in the sport now that it’s become a variable that teams can expect going in.

  • Author

There was a pretty clear view from the baseline of the Purdue player's heels being off the ground and not on the sideline when he shot. I'd be interested in seeing the picture you're referencing.

I could see him returning for his senior season. The NBA market for 6'6" back-to-the-basket post players is not that lucrative. His game doesn't strike me as one that can convert to the perimeter, which is where he will have to play in the NBA.

 

Not to mention that the NBA can assess technical fouls and fines for flopping.

I was glad to see Williams flop and not get the call on several occasions.

PJ Tucker is the closest comparison in the NBA for Grant Williams. Obviously that’s a pretty high ceiling so no guarantee Williams could get to that level, but his game mirrors PJs a lot.
I like the PJ Tucker comparison. Tucker was not the PJ Tucker we think of today for some time. He spent multiple years overseas before working his way back to the NBA. Point being, the PJ Tucker types are the exception, not the norm. I also never thought Antony Davis would be that great in the NBA, so don't hold much stock in my talent evaluating skills. :D
I could see him returning for his senior season. The NBA market for 6'6" back-to-the-basket post players is not that lucrative. His game doesn't strike me as one that can convert to the perimeter, which is where he will have to play in the NBA.

 

I’m just going to interpret this how I choose. So basically what you’re saying is there’s not a market for Floppy McFlopface?

Defender made contact with the shooters hip while he was still in the air. Easy call.

 

I agree it was a foul and Tennesse has noone to blame but themselves. But man normally they don't call that unless the shooter sells it better. But the defender was a moron for being that close. Make the shooter beat you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.