Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Purdue 99 Tennessee 94 (OT)

Featured Replies

Purdue was better most of the night, but UT made a run to get it to OT. You can’t miss 15 free throws in the NCAA tournament and expect to win.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purdue went 16-33 from the free throw line. Missed 17.

 

I can’t remember seeing a game in the 90s with 31 missed free throws.

Purdue has some crazy, good shooters. Cline was unreal tonight. Tennessee looked out of sync all night. They did an amazing job getting the game to OT.

  • Author

It’s pretty incredible that UT only has one Sweet 16 win ever, and never been to a Final Four.

Two teams that absolutely would have known that they lost it at the foul line, whichever lost.

I can't find video anywhere but it sure looked like the ball bounced off Carsen Edwards' leg prior to the final shot in regulation. I don't have a DVR and they seemed to be more interested in getting the exact time right than reviewing if it was the correct possession.

I can't find video anywhere but it sure looked like the ball bounced off Carsen Edwards' leg prior to the final shot in regulation. I don't have a DVR and they seemed to be more interested in getting the exact time right than reviewing if it was the correct possession.

 

I totally agree, the ball went off the leg wearing the gold shoe. Why did they not review it? It was under 2 minutes. That was the game right there. UT gets that ball and they will have FT coming with a row point lead. I don't know what happened.

They showed that replay several times and it wasn't clear enough to reverse the call.

 

Vols played a heck of a game to get back in it. The Cline kid was just money, keeping Purdue in the game.

 

Vols have no one to blame but themselves.

One view from mid court showed the ball bouncing away with space between the leg and ball with no change in ball direction. Don't know???

No talk of the foul call at the end of regulation? That was brutal.

No talk of the foul call at the end of regulation? That was brutal.

 

Defender made contact with the shooters hip while he was still in the air. Easy call.

They reviewed the play when the ball went out of bounds, it looked like the ball when by Edwards shoe but didn’t hit it and the ball never changed directions neither. That’s how it looked to ME at least. I thought they got it right. I also think the foul on the 3 point attempt was the right call, I thought that call was more clear than who the ball went out on.

Isn't that crazy? It's hard to believe. And 40 years since their last SEC Tournament Championship. I really thought this was the year they put it all together and finally broke through, either by winning the SEC or at the very minimum making the Elite 8.

 

I'm obviously not a Vol fan but I wonder how the fans look at the season with the talent that they had this year? Given their history, I would think that they would view this as a successful season. But on the other hand, given Williams and Schofield were back, I can also see how fans would view it as a disappointment given they didn't take home any hardware from the SEC tourney or big dance.

I assume you are referencing the questionable foul call at the end of regulation. I thought it was a foul but I can also see the refs letting that one go.

 

IMO however, foul or no foul, the game was lost on free throws. Tennessee can't go 11/22 from the line in regulation and expect to win this late in the season. It's just like PJ's 12 missed free throws last year in the Sweet 16 vs Kansas State when we lost by 3.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.