Purdue 99 Tennessee 94 (OT)

TheDeuce

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn.

Hard to find a team more unlikeable than this Tennessee team. Really like Admiral, but good Lord, Grant Williams is the most unlikeable player I can recall in a long, long time.

So you just don’t like Williams, not the whole team...

It’s pretty incredible that UT only has one Sweet 16 win ever, and never been to a Final Four.

Not really. They have seldom been a national contender. Probably count on one hand the teams that were in their whole history. Until this year I would say their best team was still 1977 with Ernie and Bernie.

Darn.

Hard to find a team more unlikeable than this Tennessee team. Really like Admiral, but good Lord, Grant Williams is the most unlikeable player I can recall in a long, long time.

21st Century Ernie Grunfeld.

I can't find video anywhere but it sure looked like the ball bounced off Carsen Edwards' leg prior to the final shot in regulation. I don't have a DVR and they seemed to be more interested in getting the exact time right than reviewing if it was the correct possession.

I totally agree, the ball went off the leg wearing the gold shoe. Why did they not review it? It was under 2 minutes. That was the game right there. UT gets that ball and they will have FT coming with a row point lead. I don't know what happened.

VOLS GOT ROBBED!!!!

At first I thought it hit his shoe too. However another angle showed the ball honestly was never even close to hitting his foot. That there actually was a pretty big area of space.

Darn.

You summed up my sentiments. I love the Admiral, but Williams is approaching "top 10 most disliked players in college basketball history" territory.

The final six or seven minutes of regulation were as good as it gets at the collegiate level. Both teams were throwing haymakers.

I saw quite a few people online complaining about how the Sweet 16 was almost straight chalk. I love it. We (in theory) get more games like UT/Purdue and in the games that really matter. Just a personal preference.

I saw quite a few people online complaining about how the Sweet 16 was almost straight chalk. I love it. We (in theory) get more games like UT/Purdue and in the games that really matter. Just a personal preference.

No complaints from me. People say they love Cinderella, but the product nor ratings when less caliber teams make it support this notion. Unless Cinderella is Murray State, then we know the country would rally behind them.

Grant Williams is a very competitive college athlete with a skill set that is unreal. Plays with a chip on his shoulder as most great players do. I admire this young man and wish him well with future endeavors.

I could see him returning for his senior season. The NBA market for 6'6" back-to-the-basket post players is not that lucrative. His game doesn't strike me as one that can convert to the perimeter, which is where he will have to play in the NBA.