March 21, 20197 yr I can't imagine Washington plays this week. They can win without him - doesn't mean they will, but they CAN. But they will have to have him next weekend if they make it. And this sure doesn't look promising.
March 21, 20197 yr Hard cast cannot be a good thing...no matter how Cal spins this... Even worse that he saw a foot specialist.
March 22, 20197 yr Going from a boot to a hard cast is a path that may be fracture related. They've already said there is no fracture. It's a sprain. Given the pain he was having despite the x rays being negative he went to a specialist, not that uncommon. I'm sure they will give Washington as much time as they can, even if he's able to play.
March 22, 20197 yr I hope he's ok. If he's in a hard cast, it may be some time before he plays. Even after he heals, he will have atrophy to deal with and get back in shape. I am sure he wants to play, but he has to look out for his future as well.
March 22, 20197 yr They've already said there is no fracture. It's a sprain. Given the pain he was having despite the x rays being negative he went to a specialist, not that uncommon. I'm sure they will give Washington as much time as they can, even if he's able to play. I hear you and hope you are right, but why are we taking this news as gospel? Two days ago we didn't even know Washington was hurt, then he was in a walking boot but could play if need be, then he is using one of those roller things, and then he is in a hard cast. I know very little about sports medicine in the grand scheme of it all, but I have not heard of being put into a hard cast for a mild foot sprain.
March 22, 20197 yr I know very little about sports medicine in the grand scheme of it all, but I have not heard of being put into a hard cast for a mild foot sprain. This. Nobody is put in a hard cast up to the knee for a sprained foot.
March 22, 20197 yr This. Nobody is put in a hard cast up to the knee for a sprained foot. Maybe he is channeling his inner Paul Pierce, but from my vantage: he gone.
March 22, 20197 yr Maybe he is channeling his inner Paul Pierce, but from my vantage: he gone. Somebody mentioned that Herro was wearing PJ's number on his shooting sleeve? If that's true, the players know he's done. What's Cal's motivation for not just coming out with it?
March 22, 20197 yr Somebody mentioned that Herro was wearing PJ's number on his shooting sleeve? If that's true, the players know he's done. What's Cal's motivation for not just coming out with it? If there is a chance PJ should be able to play, their opponent has to game plan for him. If Cal admits he's done, they don't. To paraphrase Yogi, basketball is 90% mental, the other half is physical.
March 22, 20197 yr If there is a chance PJ should be able to play, their opponent has to game plan for him. If Cal admits he's done, they don't. To paraphrase Yogi, basketball is 90% mental, the other half is physical. I can't imagine anyone wasting too much time on a guy in a hard cast.
March 22, 20197 yr Maybe it really is just a foot sprain and Cal told them to put half his leg in a cast to add dramatic effect when he miraculously returns. :lol2:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.