Trinity 50 Scott County 40 (KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen® Finals)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kal Oakes @oaksie72

Billy Hicks said there is "about a 99 percent chance" that this was his final game.

Thought it might be for sure if they won. Good possibility I think they fall off a lot next year and competing with the new school for players as well. He has had a great career that's for sure.

Congratulations to Trinity and cousin coach Mike Szabo.

It was mentioned that Rocks offense was suspect at times but never the defense. 34.5 points allowed per game in 4 games.

Congratulations to Scott County. Taking it to the last game two years in a row is more than impressive for both the coach and players.

Kal Oakes @oaksie72

Billy Hicks said there is "about a 99 percent chance" that this was his final game.

Thought it might be for sure if they won. Good possibility I think they fall off a lot next year and competing with the new school for players as well. He has had a great career that's for sure.

He's in his mid-60's and has been in the game for 40 years. There's nothing left for him to prove. With the changing landscape that's sure to come with the opening of Great Crossing, now probably feels like the time to step away. Good for him if he does.

He's in his mid-60's and has been in the game for 40 years. There's nothing left for him to prove. With the changing landscape that's sure to come with the opening of Great Crossing, now probably feels like the time to step away. Good for him if he does.

I'd say probably late 60's he told me the night he won his 1000 game at Frederick Douglass he started coaching in 1974.

Congrats Shamrocks!

From the KHSAA:

A box score from today's championship, a list of award winners and the statistical leaders/stat summary from the tournament can be found through the links below:

Trinity (Lou.) 50, Scott County 40

https://khsaa.org/basketball/boys/sweet16/2019/stats/boys15.pdf

Award Winners https://khsaa.org/basketball/boys/sweet16/2019/alltournamentteamandawards.pdf

Tournament Stat Summary / Box Scores