March 2, 20197 yr Final bad game for the Cats today. They just got man handled today. Just put this one behind you and move on.
March 2, 20197 yr Lost by 19, 11 of which came at the end of the first half with PJ on the bench. No Travis, couldn’t shoot threes or free throws, Bone was on fire. Recipe for disaster. Cats will be fine come tournament time.
March 2, 20197 yr Cats actually out rebounded Vols. Couldn’t make up for 12 more turnovers and terrible shooting.
March 2, 20197 yr Only two Vols in double figures but Bone dominated the game with his 27 and Williams had 24.
March 3, 20197 yr The UT win didn't surprise me but the margin did. I thought this one would be in the single digit margin. U.K. had a long (9min.) scoring / FG drought in the first half and then another around 7min. in the 2nd half. Obviously, you're not going to beat anyone with stretches like that. Credit UT / R. Barnes for the Vols game plan and execution. UT dominated this one like the Cats did in Rupp a couple of weeks ago. Shake it off, don't let this one beat you in the next one. Get ready for what will be a tough road game at Ole Miss on Tuesday …. GO Cats.
March 3, 20197 yr This is what scares me me about we go as far as Herro takes us. The entire team took one on the chin today, onto the next one.
March 3, 20197 yr I thought it was bush league for Bone to shoot his last three with 10 seconds left, then they just miss a breakaway dunk. Just about any other team holds the ball and let’s the clock run out. I hope the UK players remember that.
March 3, 20197 yr I thought it was bush league for Bone to shoot his last three with 10 seconds left, then they just miss a breakaway dunk. Just about any other team holds the ball and let’s the clock run out. I hope the UK players remember that. I honestly dont remember, but wasnt the shot clock also about to run out? Either way I have zero problem with it. It's not like him making that three changed anything at all. Just like if the dunk at the end counted. At the end of the day I'm a UK fan but our players did a lot of talking after we beat them two weeks ago. In that type of environment and how well Tennessee played. They deserved to cap it off with authority at the end. Nothing Bush league about it imo.
March 3, 20197 yr This is what scares me me about we go as far as Herro takes us. The entire team took one on the chin today, onto the next one. UK has won games this year when one of the three has off days in Herro, Johnson. And Washington. Because usually one or two picks up the slack if someone struggles. Today all three struggled, and this is what you get. Chances are all three struggling in the same game wont happen again.
March 3, 20197 yr I expected a loss in this one. They might've even lost with Reid Travis. As long as they take care of business next week, I am good. Not a huge fan of Keldon Johnson.
March 3, 20197 yr I thought it was bush league for Bone to shoot his last three with 10 seconds left, then they just miss a breakaway dunk. Just about any other team holds the ball and let’s the clock run out. I hope the UK players remember that. I agree with you. Cal would never let that happen. Just sayin.
March 4, 20197 yr UK players got a much-needed dose of humble pie that will re jump start their drive for a title as a likely #2 seed. A little tit-for-tat for diarrhea of the mouth by UK players after the blowout in Lexington. No big deal. It will help the Cats if they get a rubber match contest in the Big Show or SEC.
March 4, 20197 yr I honestly dont remember, but wasnt the shot clock also about to run out? Either way I have zero problem with it. It's not like him making that three changed anything at all. Just like if the dunk at the end counted. At the end of the day I'm a UK fan but our players did a lot of talking after we beat them two weeks ago. In that type of environment and how well Tennessee played. They deserved to cap it off with authority at the end. Nothing Bush league about it imo. Agreed.
March 4, 20197 yr I thought it was bush league for Bone to shoot his last three with 10 seconds left, then they just miss a breakaway dunk. Just about any other team holds the ball and let’s the clock run out. I hope the UK players remember that.The slam dunk on the last possession w / the clock running out was more irritating to me. I don't even remember if it counted or the time ran out …. that was classes. I'm just saying so bc your post on the 3 reminded me of it. No matter, just showed what I believe about UT true. BTW … It's not Rick Barnes fault or a reflection on him at all. Just a showboat player (who I forgot who it was) showed that he hasn't won enough to know how to act when he does …. like you've done it before and expect to do it again. UT had a really good team / season last year and is having a great one this season. I respect that. They just haven't had many title contenders like they certainly are this season. I know that I am not losing any sleep over what they did, lol.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.