Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 65 Florida 54

Featured Replies

  • Author
Where are the Cal haters? This team has evolved so much from the first of the year. They do as a good job of anybody of exploiting the weaknesses of the opposing team’s defense.

 

I agree they seem to have a good mix this season of post players and decent 3 shooters. I am amazed how well he has got them playing on the defensive end. I really enjoy watching these kids play. I thought they had a very flat spell for a little over 5 minutes to start the 2nd half, but was really impressed how they turned it around. They sure are fun to watch play.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wasn't Malik Monk a 2nd team all-American? That's pretty elite.

Malik Monk wasn’t a “superstar”. Great player obviously and a great scorer, but I don’t consider him on the same level as the other guys I mentioned. He’s in a class just below with guys like Knight, Murray, Randle, etc. Just my opinion though.

Malik Monk wasn’t a “superstar”. Great player obviously and a great scorer, but I don’t consider him on the same level as the other guys I mentioned. He’s in a class just below with guys like Knight, Murray, Randle, etc. Just my opinion though.

 

I would agree. As of right now I feel like even Duke only has two superstars.

It didn't seem that loud in there, yesterday, and BBN was able to take it over when the Cats made their run. There was an entire section of Wildcat fans about 3 down from me and I was surround by many.

 

I love going to these games, because you meet so many people from back home. I met people from Henderson, Christian County, and E-town, to name just a few. Most of these fans live in Florida and south Georgia, though the couple from E-town were down visiting an offspring. I did see many Kentucky plates in the parking lot and heading out of Gainesville on the way home.

Heck of a turnaround. Down 11 points in the 2nd half and win by 11. Hagans sure was out of sync most of the day though. Cats overcame a lot and grew today. In Cal we trust!

This team is starting to become one of my favorite teams under coach Cal. I just love the personality of these players and how they play. They have depth, and a bunch of guys who can do different things. The best part is a guy can have an off night, and there are other guys who pick up the slack and they still win.

 

The defense is playing great, and I dont think we have still truly seen this team at it's best offensively.

I haven’t really bought into that in a while. Who was the last true “superstar” UK had? KAT? I wouldn’t consider anyone since a superstar. UK had a good run there for a while with Wall, Cousins, Davis, Towns, etc. but since KAT they have been winning with non-superstars.

 

Imo the 2011 and 2014 teams should hVe been enough proof to people that Cal doesnt have to have superstars to win. Which is what a lot of people were trying to say at the beginning of the year.

 

It's amazing to me because 2011 and 2014 seem to be the forgotten years. No one ever talks about those teams. Yet they were the more successful team in terms of what UK fans care about most which is the big dance. People always talk about the 2010 team and never made the final four. Yet the 2011 team did, and did it impressively by knocking off top teams to get there.

 

Then obviously 2015 was 38 and 1. Yet the 2014 made it a step further by making the finals. With one of the most impressive runs I ever seen, knocking off 4 top teams to get there. Yet no one ever talks about those teams or seems to remember them lol. Those teams didnt have the super stars people said Cal had to have. Yet those teams made it further than Cals teams that did have super stars. Hence why when people say he can't win without superstars its funny to me. He already had proven that he can. Imo he is going to show it this year too, and hopefully can take one more step further than the 2011, and 2014 teams.

I’d consider Fox a superstar.

 

Fox was without a doubt a star and a rising star in the NBA. Fox was over shadowed that season by the hype of Lonzo and Lavar Ball. Fox was and still is the better player.

This team is starting to become one of my favorite teams under coach Cal. I just love the personality of these players and how they play. They have depth, and a bunch of guys who can do different things. The best part is a guy can have an off night, and there are other guys who pick up the slack and they still win.

 

The defense is playing great, and I dont think we have still truly seen this team at it's best offensively.

 

Well said. I agree. They are fun to watch. They are very good at many things........hard to game-plan against them.

All the talk of coach Cal not being able to win unless he has true super stars like Duke has this year, sure had seemed to quite down.

 

This team may not have true super star right away power. But it still has talent, and Cal has done a great job once again putting it together. Especially getting this team to learn how to play defense.

 

:thumb::thumb: Very Well Said ! Drop the mic, fc …..

Where are the Cal haters? This team has evolved so much from the first of the year. They do as a good job of anybody of exploiting the weaknesses of the opposing team’s defense.
Oh, they will be back around whenever this team loses again, they just can't help themselves. :lol2:

BTW … I also agree with the other points you made in your post.

I saw a stat that Kentucky is 77-0 under Calipari when holding the opposing team to 55 points or less.

I saw a stat that Kentucky is 77-0 under Calipari when holding the opposing team to 55 points or less.

 

UK should do this every game then!

I didnt get to watch the game until today and I was very impressed with that second half.

 

I like my team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.