Frozen Pipes

PP1

I live in a “historic” (Okay...old) house. I have poor insulation in certain areas. I tend to get a frozen pipe or two every year. I already had one over the weekend. I can’t imagine how it won’t freeze tonight, but I do have a new plan to try.

I live in a three bed room one level ranch. We have a two car garage attached to the house with a laundry room that is not heated in the garage. One time in 25 years we a had a waterline freeze up. My wife told me to go to my 12 hour job and she would take care of everything. I thought that she was just going to call our plumber. Wrong answer. :irked:

I get home and there is a bobcat and cement framers and six guys doing a whole lot of everything, to my surprise. She got the water pipe fixed, then decided to add a one bedroom apartment on to the house, without my knowledge. One broken water pipe ended up costing 53,000 dollars. :irked:

Guess who ended renting (the added on apartment?) You guessed it, the grandson who pays just a little more than the utilities and also has unlimited usage of the washer and dryer.

If my water pipes freeze up again, I'm staying home from work and fixing the freezing pipe myself, or moving to Florida. :lol2:

I made it through the night so I should be good. I converted a closet into a second bathroom back in the fall. Ran new pipe for the shower, commode, and sink and insulated it with the wrap around foam. I’ve been waiting on the first good cold snap to see how it would do.