Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic faces backlash after tense exchange with indigenous marchers

Featured Replies

Cov Cath is a great school. It is a shame that this incident makes the entire school look so awful, and certainly does not do much for the image of the state of Kentucky.

 

Seems to be a pretty large group of boys. It will be interesting to see how the school handles this.

  • Replies 357
  • Views 68.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While what many of the students did was wrong and very insensitive at the very least; but the responses. comments, overblowing of the facts, etc. that I saw on Twitter yesterday are equally as disturbing. The lynch mob mentality of those comments are quite concerning, especially as to any type of meaningful dialogue on this issue. Civility in the US is at an all time low in my lifetime--There is no discussion, only one side or the other! Quite Sad!!

People want to talk about the African American group... Let's talk about them.

 

It's now clear they were there for the wrong reasons and agitating the CCH group, I'm sure along with many other groups as they are clearly and extremist group. The CCH group did defend their classmate to them, job well done there.

 

Now...

 

Exactly how does any of that change the interaction with Mr. Phillips?

Clearly I am not up to speed on this and have not read this whole thread but heard about this last night. Here is a long video of supposedly the whole situation. Maybe we can take something from this as its video.

 

 

Why did some one dislike your post?

Indeed. I’m FB friends with parents, teachers and others’ impacted, and there’s a blatant, bordering on comical denial.

 

As posted by others, this is the most depressing part of the issue, a missed opportunity of how to handle, address, then move on.

 

How can you say this? The issue is two days old and the kids haven’t been back in school yet. For you to speculate that they won’t be taught is ludicrous. I guarantee you this issue will be addressed at the highest level.

 

A premature, unfair comment. Give the school a chance to address. If they miss, then fire away.

If the Native Americans don't approach the kids, none of this happens. In fact, the kids handled the African American screaming at them, with their VERY derogatory comments, with nothing but class, from the video that is out there. They stood up for their classmate, whom was also an African American and supported him. I wonder why this is not being discussed on this forum or in the National News?

 

In addition, why hasn't it been discussed how the Native Americans approached the CCH boys and told them to “go back to Europe where you came from!” You don't think they had an agenda, do you?

 

If I am a 16 year old kid and someone approaches me, several inches from my face, and is banging a drum in my face, I can't tell you how I would have responded. I am sure there are many a kids whom I graduated with that would have handled this situation a lot worse than the way this kid did. These individuals knew what they were doing and were looking for something to happen. The situation could have been handled differently from both sides, but in my opinion, it never starts if the Native American doesn't go in to a crowd of kids, banging a drum.

 

"But they started it!"

 

Keep up the good work.

People can post all the videos and write all the spin they want – if I’m being honest, I’d probably do some of the same if it were my kid. But I and the world still see the smirking/blatant mocking and disrespect. Just own it guys.

 

Also, rallies and protests can be energizing, unifying and soo empowering...., not to mention they bring attention to issues, you feel heard, it’s a way of bringing about change. Never stop rallying/protesting USA!

 

If you are talking to me, I dont understand. I am 1 hour and 24 minutes into this video and trying to watch it all. I am not taking sides just trying to figure out what happened.

 

I suggest you take the time to watch it as I think everyone should watch and then comment. I am stunned that you or anyone would not watch the whole video so you/ anyone else could make a proper judgement of what happened other than taking a 30 second clip. Maybe its too much trouble to watch it all. We are a nation of 30 second sound clips to get our truth. Carry on.

People want to talk about the African American group... Let's talk about them.

 

It's now clear they were there for the wrong reasons and agitating the CCH group, I'm sure along with many other groups as they are clearly and extremist group. The CCH group did defend their classmate to them, job well done there.

 

Now...

 

Exactly how does any of that change the interaction with Mr. Phillips?

 

Wasnt it you throwing out theories that Mr. Phillips got in between the kids and the African American men because the kids were being jerks?

 

That's not true, so why did Mr. Phillips walk into the middle of the group of kids?

 

What did the kids do wrong, other than a few of them doing the tomahawk?

Why did some one dislike your post?

 

I dont know. This is the full video of the confrontation. I just suggested we all watch it. This video was taken down by alot of social media platforms and watch it quick or YouTube may also take it down. Im not taking sides with anyone. Just searching for truth.

If you are talking to me, I dont understand. I am 1 hour and 24 minutes into this video and trying to watch it all. I am not taking sides just trying to figure out what happened.

 

I suggest you take the time to watch it as I think everyone should watch and then comment. I am stunned that you or anyone would not watch the whole video so you/ anyone else could make a proper judgement of what happened other than taking a 30 second clip. Maybe its too much trouble to watch it all. We are a nation of 30 second sound clips to get our truth. Carry on.

 

We are also a nation built off of hate and racism.

 

Carry on.

Wasnt it you throwing out theories that Mr. Phillips got in between the kids and the African American men because the kids were being jerks?

 

That's not true, so why did Mr. Phillips walk into the middle of the group of kids?

 

What did the kids do wrong, other than a few of them doing the tomahawk?

 

I did. Which is why I said "it's now clear"...

 

I've still yet to see any video where he walks into the middle of the group. I've seen the clip where he's walking towards the group and approaches the edge of their group. But, for conversations sake, let's say he did make his way to the middle of their group. How does that justify the taunting, chanting, dancing and stare down?

 

Your last sentence falls in line with the rest of the enabling going on here.

We are also a nation built off of hate and racism.

 

Carry on.

 

I agree. Watch the video. :thumb:

I agree. Watch the video. :thumb:

 

For what? I know how this movie ends. White is right. It always is.

I agree. Watch the video. :thumb:

 

Just curious... Are we supposed to see something in the video that justifies the behavior of the CCH group? I just want to know before I start so I can look for it.

I dont know. This is the full video of the confrontation. I just suggested we all watch it. This video was taken down by alot of social media platforms and watch it quick or YouTube may also take it down. Im not taking sides with anyone. Just searching for truth.

 

A lot of people don't want that full video out there. Why in the world does it keep getting pulled?

 

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but it's odd that short clips with no context are fine, but the full video isn't?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.