South Warren 20 Covington Catholic 16 (5A State Championship)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else think that taking that time out home is a huge mistake? I mentioned it in the updates thread.

Nope having that timeout allowed them to use the whole field including the middle of the field on the last play of the game. They could have thrown for a first down am anywhere on the field because they would have still had that timeout to use.

Nope having that timeout allowed them to use the whole field including the middle of the field on the last play of the game. They could have thrown for a first down am anywhere on the field because they would have still had that timeout to use.

I totally understand that. IMO use it after the second down play when the clock was running. In high school football the clock stops on a first down anyways and they were inside the 30. Hurry and spike it. Just my opinion, hindsight is 20/20.

The reason I didn’t pick SW to win this game is because I noticed that the only beat winless Warren Central 39-22 back in week 2. Anyone know what happened in that game? Was SW missing key players or pethaps they had a big lead and put in subs late? Before I say SW is the best in the state, I would like a little context around this game?

What’s everyones thoughts on the fumble at the 2? Do you think it should of been blowed dead?

There’s a good clip of it on Twitter. I think it was right to let the play develop. On the clip I saw, it was obviously the Colonel O-line made the attempt to surge McGinnis in the end zone, thus allowing the fumble to occur.

The reason I didn’t pick SW to win this game is because I noticed that the only beat winless Warren Central 39-22 back in week 2. Anyone know what happened in that game? Was SW missing key players or pethaps they had a big lead and put in subs late? Before I say SW is the best in the state, I would like a little context around this game?

South had a running clock early in the second quarter and the starters didn’t play again. Lacy also say that game out.

That game got ugly real quick. An early running clock meant that SW's starters saw no action in the second half. Warren Central scored on SW's second and third teamers.