Ohio State 17 Illinois 10

oldrambler

Worst offensive performance by the Buckeyes since PSU last year. Just looked lethargic in the second half. I wonder how much of an effect not playing C. Wells had in the second half. Did Pittman become complacent in the backfield with out both Binky and Maurice Wells to back him up? I thought the O-line look horrible and if they don't shape up they can forget about a N.C.

However, I do like what one announcer said, It's like the NCAA BB tournament. "Survive and move on."

Yes Illinois was way to close for comfort, but every team has a game or two a season where they look mortal. But to say that tOSU has not really dominated teams all year?, come on. You really have not been paying attention. To answer your question, it's just you.

:thumb: :thumb:

Yes Illinois was way to close for comfort, but every team has a game or two a season where they look mortal. But to say that tOSU has not really dominated teams all year?, come on. You really have not been paying attention. To answer your question, it's just you.

You're right I haven't been paying close attention, but it seems like everytime i check out the score for Ohio State's game (not every week) the games tend to be close, so I guess it is me.

After looking at OSU's schedule it surprised me to see that their offense hasn't put up more than 44 points all year, not even on Northern Illinois. Yet their defense hasn't allowed more than 17 points, that's pretty impressive when you're going up against some quality teams in Texas, Penn St., and Iowa.

I think the thing people have to remember is that Ohio State has no open date this year for people to get healthy. I know that they sat players last week especially their left tackle (Boone wasn't even dressed). Ginn has a broken toe and was not part of the offense that much. Gonzalez had a concussion two weeks ago. I think Ohio State used last week as an open date to get healthy. I have gone to several games and they seem to be able to turn it on when they need to and last week they didn't need to.

I think the thing people have to remember is that Ohio State has no open date this year for people to get healthy. I know that they sat players last week especially their left tackle (Boone wasn't even dressed). Ginn has a broken toe and was not part of the offense that much. Gonzalez had a concussion two weeks ago. I think Ohio State used last week as an open date to get healthy. I have gone to several games and they seem to be able to turn it on when they need to and last week they didn't need to.

Good Point:thumb:

You may very well be right.

Watching the game it seemed as though the Bucks went into Earl "Very Conservative" Bruce mode.

I think that it is much ado about nothing. This game looked close on paper only. Ohio State was up 17-0 by the half and remained that way until half way through the 4th. Illinois was held out of the end zone until less than 2 minutes in the game. This game was never in jeopardy.

The Buckeyes got out to a comfortable lead and put it in cruise control. I would be interested in knowing how many of their defensive starters were in the game when the Illinois scores occurred, especially the last minute TD.