Hamilton Southeast (IN) 1 Highlands 0

mexitucky

Birds take their first “L” of the season. It was the second game in a row on a tight grass field. After going down a goal on a corner 3 minutes in, Highlands started moving the ball a lot better towards the end of the first half and again midway through the 2nd.

The boys are as athletic or more athletic than every team that they play. They have struggled breaking down teams through possession, especially on smaller fields. Today there was improvement there which was a big positive. Driving 2 hours to play on of the top teams in Indiana and being a saved penalty away from a tie, not too bad.

Let me say that the new offsides interpretation is the DUMBEST rule in history.

Birds take their first “L” of the season. It was the second game in a row on a tight grass field. After going down a goal on a corner 3 minutes in, Highlands started moving the ball a lot better towards the end of the first half and again midway through the 2nd.

The boys are as athletic or more athletic than every team that they play. They have struggled breaking down teams through possession, especially on smaller fields. Today there was improvement there which was a big positive. Driving 2 hours to play on of the top teams in Indiana and being a saved penalty away from a tie, not too bad.

Let me say that the new offsides interpretation is the DUMBEST rule in history.

I could not agree more. I'm not sure to what level of play in the US this has gone. This new offsides interpretation is not being used in the top leagues in Europe, so it is obviously not being mandated by FIFA. I have yet to hear or witness myself one good thing about this new interpretation. The argument "well they are not involved until they touch the ball" or "they have not committed offsides until they touch the ball" only proves one lack of understanding of the game. The only rule I've seen that benefits the team breaking the rule... only in the US?

[/b]

I could not agree more. I'm not sure to what level of play in the US this has gone. This new offsides interpretation is not being used in the top leagues in Europe, so it is obviously not being mandated by FIFA. I have yet to hear or witness myself one good thing about this new interpretation. The argument "well they are not involved until they touch the ball" or "they have not committed offsides until they touch the ball" only proves one lack of understanding of the game. The only rule I've seen that benefits the team breaking the rule... only in the US?

Exactly, so if you want to kill a game, have your player basically cherry pick not move towards the ball until the very last minute and then make a play. The kick takes place where he becomes involved, not where the defensive line was held. It's basically icing the puck.

Edited by theguru
Rule 13