Covington Catholic 40 Ryle 7

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McGinness had 13 carries 118 yards 4 tds.

Casey's 4 touchdowns also brought him to career totals of 43 touchdowns rushing, and 48 total touchdowns.

Current individual career records at Cov Cath are 45 touchdowns rushing, and 49 total touchdowns. Both records were set by Jeremy Madden from 1994-1997.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

Play somebody! :lol2:

It’s tough. For years and years I’ve felt that we’ve over scheduled, and it just resulted in a bunch of tough losses. There were some games sprinkled in that we could have won, but not tons, and it wasn’t yearly.

I think the schedule is on par with what a school with 600 boys should play. I think last nights spanking of Ryle says more about Ryle this year than CovCaths scheduling.

It’s tough. For years and years I’ve felt that we’ve over scheduled, and it just resulted in a bunch of tough losses. There were some games sprinkled in that we could have won, but not tons, and it wasn’t yearly.

I think the schedule is on par with what a school with 600 boys should play. I think last nights spanking of Ryle says more about Ryle this year than CovCaths scheduling.

I agree, but I also think Cov Cath is now ready to challenge some of those top tier elite teams they used to schedule.

I’ve watched Ryle get spanked by both Trinity and Cov. Hard to gauge, but I certainly think it’s fair to assume it would be a game. I’d give the edge to Trinity because they seem to have the speed advantage, but I wouldn’t bet against Cov and Coach Eviston. He’s got those kids dialed in.

Coach Eviston is a great coach and program builder with a solid staff and some outstanding players. Ryle had some signs of life- good opening drive to try to answer. A bad coaching decision not to get points since Ryle has one of the best kickers in KY. It could have helped as an emotional lift but would not have altered the outcome. No one in NKY will touch CovCath. I believe the Colonels are one of the top 3-4 teams in the commonwealth. Congrats and best wishes to them in pursuit of a second straight 5A title. They are the favorites IMO.