Covington Catholic 40 Ryle 7

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They were a close #2 last year. If Trinity is down a little, it is a very valid argument. You will never get Trinity nor most Louisville people to consider that but I believe it.

The good thing for CovCath fans is they'll never get the opportunity to prove it.

They were a close #2 last year. If Trinity is down a little, it is a very valid argument. You will never get Trinity nor most Louisville people to consider that but I believe it.

I believe that Cov Cath wouldn’t have beat St. X or Scott Co. last year. My opinion is based on seeing all four teams play in person. Having two way players is most times a big disadvantage. But we all have opinions.

CovCath looked solid. Jacob had a nice night throwing (really only one bad pass I can remember), McGiness had a nice night running, Coldiron a solid all around game. Toss in Molique and Coburn with some tough catches and it was a long night for the Raiders. Still some things to clean up, but overall nice first outing for the Colonels.

Seriously?

Why is it hard to believe that they may not have beat those teams mentioned? While what they have done is very impressive. During this run, they haven't beaten a team that would be considered a top 10 team in the state when looking at the state as a whole or maybe one team at best.

Or, the good thing for Trinity fans is they'll never get the opportunity to prove it. :angrybird5:

To be fair anytime even in the last 10, 20, or 30 years when people have thought NKY had a team that could even play with Trinity. It usually got shut down quickly by Trinity once they got on the field. While it's great to think a team could do it. Until it happens again, Trinity gets the nod. Especially since Trinity always plays top teams from around the country not just the state and use to seeing those type of teams. While as I just mentioned. Covcath arguably hasn't played a single game against a team that would be considered one of the 10 best in the state. Maybe one team at best. Trinity is use to playing the best, Covcath isnt. Its trinity until proven otherwise.

Trinity would be a whole other animal that Covcath hasnt even came close to seeing before. While for Trinity. Covcath is just another game that they are use to always playing.