The Hype Train has left the station....

PurplePride92

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know Cal’s ego needs the 2nd title to join the Jay Wright 2 title elite club. Anything other than that, will be remembered as leaving a title on the table, fair or not.

I love Coach Cal and probably one of his biggest supporters and I completely agree that he needs a second title. 2015 was a great opportunity to obtain that and he fell short. Hopefully not this time.

With UK’s captivating week of domination over some of the best professional teams international basketball has to offer the Hype Train has officially left the station. Various UK personalities from Rex Chapman to Larry Vaught to Matt Jones are predicting a glorious year for the 2018-19 Wildcats and UK fans are storming Duke’s social media accounts predicting a 20-30 point victory against Duke on November 6th.

The Hype Train has left the station.

Now that we are simply waiting on April for the UK Invitational aka the 2019 Final Four, I have to ask a couple of questions.

1. If UK doesn’t win it all this year will they ever win another title led by Coach Cal?

2. If UK doesn’t win it all this year will your feelings for Coach Cal sour?

I feel like I have asked these questions before and I understand this is a fair question to ask yearly. So what is your thought process this year, UK BGP?

1: Not only do I think they won't win it this year, I don't think they ever win another championship until they quit recruiting the one and done players.

No feeling change from me about Calipari either way.

1: Not only do I think they won't win it this year, I don't think they ever win another championship until they quit recruiting the one and done players.

No feeling change from me about Calipari either way.

You do realize that they have several players returning from last season as well as the addition of Reid Travis, a senior that transferred from Stanford, right?. This UK roster isn't full of one and done's.

It’s difficult to win a national championship regardless of being very talented. Dean Smith coached North Carolina almost 35 years and won only 2 titles, and that was with numerous teams loaded with future NBA stars. And those stars usually stayed until their senior years back in the day.

Yes, Kentucky is talented this season but there’s too many variables and too much luck involved to allow a train to get over hyped. Just look what happened in 2010 and 2015. The Cats were easily the best teams in those years but that didn’t translate to a championship.

It’s difficult to win a national championship regardless of being very talented. Dean Smith coached North Carolina almost 35 years and won only 2 titles, and that was with numerous teams loaded with future NBA stars. And those stars usually stayed until their senior years back in the day.

Yes, Kentucky is talented this season but there’s too many variables and too much luck involved to allow a train to get over hyped. Just look what happened in 2010 and 2015. The Cats were easily the best teams in those years but that didn’t translate to a championship.

Just weird that Billy D and Jay Wright stumbled into 4 combined.

A wise man and also a member of this website once told my basketball team that when it came to tournament time "it takes a good draw, a good bounce of the ball, and a good call" to win a tournament. All off that translates into even the best of teams must have luck on their side when it comes to tournament time. It pays to be good, but yes luck must be on your side.

That model clearly doesn't work.

Just asking, how many teams have every one a championship starting 5 freshman? Even 4 and soph? The 2012 team had some good upper classmen. No team since then has had the experience that I believe is needed to come thru at tournament time. This is just my opinion as was my first post. But until they win it again I'll stick with what I'm saying. Remember the team that had 2 platoons? Easily on paper the best in the feild. Did not win it.

Just asking, how many teams have every one a championship starting 5 freshman? Even 4 and soph? The 2012 team had some good upper classmen. No team since then has had the experience that I believe is needed to come thru at tournament time. This is just my opinion as was my first post. But until they win it again I'll stick with what I'm saying. Remember the team that had 2 platoons? Easily on paper the best in the feild. Did not win it.

That 2012 team had 2 upperclassmen, Darius Miller and Eloy Vargas, that played much at all. Only 1 of them could be classified as good.