Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Hype Train has left the station....

Featured Replies

A lot of luck is involved in winning NCAA TITLE. Not the most talented or best coached teams win it all the time.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know Cal’s ego needs the 2nd title to join the Jay Wright 2 title elite club. Anything other than that, will be remembered as leaving a title on the table, fair or not.

 

I love Coach Cal and probably one of his biggest supporters and I completely agree that he needs a second title. 2015 was a great opportunity to obtain that and he fell short. Hopefully not this time.

With UK’s captivating week of domination over some of the best professional teams international basketball has to offer the Hype Train has officially left the station. Various UK personalities from Rex Chapman to Larry Vaught to Matt Jones are predicting a glorious year for the 2018-19 Wildcats and UK fans are storming Duke’s social media accounts predicting a 20-30 point victory against Duke on November 6th.

 

The Hype Train has left the station.

 

Now that we are simply waiting on April for the UK Invitational aka the 2019 Final Four, I have to ask a couple of questions.

 

1. If UK doesn’t win it all this year will they ever win another title led by Coach Cal?

 

2. If UK doesn’t win it all this year will your feelings for Coach Cal sour?

 

I feel like I have asked these questions before and I understand this is a fair question to ask yearly. So what is your thought process this year, UK BGP?

 

1: Not only do I think they won't win it this year, I don't think they ever win another championship until they quit recruiting the one and done players.

No feeling change from me about Calipari either way.

1: Not only do I think they won't win it this year, I don't think they ever win another championship until they quit recruiting the one and done players.

No feeling change from me about Calipari either way.

 

You do realize that they have several players returning from last season as well as the addition of Reid Travis, a senior that transferred from Stanford, right?. This UK roster isn't full of one and done's.

You do realize that they have several players returning from last season as well as the addition of Reid Travis, a senior that transferred from Stanford, right?. This UK roster isn't full of one and done's.

 

Haters gonna hate.

Have you found a time in Kentucky where people don't talk about Kentucky basketball?

 

Nope. :wave:

1: Not only do I think they won't win it this year, I don't think they ever win another championship until they quit recruiting the one and done players.

No feeling change from me about Calipari either way.

 

That model clearly doesn't work.

It’s difficult to win a national championship regardless of being very talented. Dean Smith coached North Carolina almost 35 years and won only 2 titles, and that was with numerous teams loaded with future NBA stars. And those stars usually stayed until their senior years back in the day.

Yes, Kentucky is talented this season but there’s too many variables and too much luck involved to allow a train to get over hyped. Just look what happened in 2010 and 2015. The Cats were easily the best teams in those years but that didn’t translate to a championship.

It’s difficult to win a national championship regardless of being very talented. Dean Smith coached North Carolina almost 35 years and won only 2 titles, and that was with numerous teams loaded with future NBA stars. And those stars usually stayed until their senior years back in the day.

Yes, Kentucky is talented this season but there’s too many variables and too much luck involved to allow a train to get over hyped. Just look what happened in 2010 and 2015. The Cats were easily the best teams in those years but that didn’t translate to a championship.

 

Just weird that Billy D and Jay Wright stumbled into 4 combined.

A wise man and also a member of this website once told my basketball team that when it came to tournament time "it takes a good draw, a good bounce of the ball, and a good call" to win a tournament. All off that translates into even the best of teams must have luck on their side when it comes to tournament time. It pays to be good, but yes luck must be on your side.

1 - Yes, I expect Cal to get another title while at UK. It takes a lot of luck to win the NCAA title, but I expect this team to definitely make their run come tourney time and hopefully it results in a title.

2- No, even if he never wins another one at UK.

That model clearly doesn't work.

 

Just asking, how many teams have every one a championship starting 5 freshman? Even 4 and soph? The 2012 team had some good upper classmen. No team since then has had the experience that I believe is needed to come thru at tournament time. This is just my opinion as was my first post. But until they win it again I'll stick with what I'm saying. Remember the team that had 2 platoons? Easily on paper the best in the feild. Did not win it.

Just weird that Billy D and Jay Wright stumbled into 4 combined.

 

Not sure how you stumble into a championship...

Just asking, how many teams have every one a championship starting 5 freshman? Even 4 and soph? The 2012 team had some good upper classmen. No team since then has had the experience that I believe is needed to come thru at tournament time. This is just my opinion as was my first post. But until they win it again I'll stick with what I'm saying. Remember the team that had 2 platoons? Easily on paper the best in the feild. Did not win it.

 

That 2012 team had 2 upperclassmen, Darius Miller and Eloy Vargas, that played much at all. Only 1 of them could be classified as good.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.