Sumoroyal--Total Knee Replacement Monday

sumoroyal

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First happy birthday. Where and what Dr are you going to? My son had salvation knee surgery as he was only 28 and Dr didn't want to do knee replacement at his age. Very important you do the rehab. Prayers and angels are with you my friend. Keep us updated.

Have had total knee replacements on both knees. Without a doubt the best thing I ever did. Literally couldn't walk 20 feet for several years. The wife and I just returned from a "walking" vacation in Washington D.C. and had no problems. Follow the advice on here. Do the PT and listen to the therapists. Best of luck.

I survived the surgery but having trouble waking as I have severe pain in my upper knee. This is by far the worst thing I have ever had done. It makes it twice as hard with me being heavy. Tiring to set up going to sme place for re-hab.

I survived the surgery but having trouble waking as I have severe pain in my upper knee. This is by far the worst thing I have ever had done. It makes it twice as hard with me being heavy. Tiring to set up going to sme place for re-hab.

Hate that the pain is so strong, but hang in there my friend.

Hang in there Sumo.

Glad you are ok. A few things to look out for. First, the pain will subside. Keep flexing it. Next, you probably will start feeling a warming or hot sensation when you touch your knee. This is normal and will go away around your sixth month. Third, ice around your knee area will be a big help with the pain. Fourth, massaging your knee and muscle areas above and below your knee. Word of caution don't start massaging your knee until the staples are out. Finally, you will probably be feeling something like little bee stings or like someone sticking a needle in your skin. Don't worry about this. This is scar tissue breaking loose.

Oh yeah to help with making your scar smaller after you have your staples out and you are massaging your knee. Take your fingers and place one on each side of the incision and rub then across your incision in opposite directions. This will break up the scar tissue around the incision and make it almost unnoticeable. My wife did this to mine and you almost can't see the scar.

Good luck and I'm pulling for you.