Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Roseanne Cancelled

Featured Replies

I wonder how all of this plays out with the paychecks of her coworkers on the show including the production staff. Are they somehow protected by wording in their contracts or are they just out with no future pay? If the last is true, could they take her to court for lost wages? ....and will they?

 

I wouldn’t think there are many, if any protections in a TV contract.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True. It happened in 1990. But it has been brought up by many when her show was brought back. And it’s been universally ignored, despite its relevance, especially by those who support her right to “free speech” yet vilify Kaep and the other NFL players who knelt. Kneeling is unforgivable, yet crotch grabbing and spitting is.

 

It was not ignored when it happened and wouldn't be if it happened recently like the NFL protests.

Thank goodness that BGP is the exception to the rule more often than not. It’s pretty ugly out there.

 

Which is why I'm not on Facebook or Twitter.

It was not ignored when it happened and wouldn't be if it happened recently like the NFL protests.

 

Yes it was news when it happened. Yes, she took a hit and some criticism. But her show lasted another 7 years after the incident, and as I mentioned, it’s been ignored by her strong supporters, many of which are also all over the kneeling NFL players, and treating that anthem situation as unforgivable.

And now she is blaming Ambien.

And now she is blaming Ambien.

 

I have considered taking Ambien. Now knowing a side effect is racism, I will reconsider.

And now she is blaming Ambien.

 

This is off topic, sort of, and don't want to make an excuse for this. There is no excuse for what she said.

 

But, Ambien is a messed up drug. I had a doctor prescribe me Ambien for sleep. I don't even like taking aspirin. I took it about a month and it worked for sleep great. But, there were many things I could not remember. I would have to put my phone up, as I would wake up, and there would be texts and pictures I would send to people that made no sense, and I had no recollection of them. I would "sleep walk" all over the house. I would rather have trouble sleeping, so I stopped taking the medicine. It was awful. And every time I read someone blaming Ambien for something they did, I always think, that could happen.

 

Edit: I did not send racist texts or pics to people

In the minority I suppose, but growing up I was a fan of the show. The rebooted series (of which I only watched the first two or three episodes), I thought was interesting and witty with how it tackled the divisive issues in America. I cracked up when the family sat down at dinner to pray and she asked her sister if she would like to take a knee.

 

Roseanne got what she deserved in the end. That side of her I will never respect, but I will always respect what she was able to do as the lead female of a show, both acting, writing, and producing in a time it was still the good ole boy network.

 

Adios.

I didn't like the original while it was on. Now I think it is hilarious. I enjoyed the reboot as well.

 

I asked the question in the break room a few weeks ago about whether or not Facebook has been good for society. Things like this make me wonder if the ability to people to spout off on twitter, Instagram, and other things is more trouble then it is worth.

Was never a fan of the show or of Roseanne herself. I feel bad for the 200 other people affiliated with the show who will lose their jobs.

Anyone who didn't think it would end this way doesn't pay attention. She is off her rocker.

Just saw a petition floating around Facebook to boycott ABC for kicking Roseanne off the air. :lol2:

I bet you if it aired tonight on another station, the ratings would be high.

True. It happened in 1990. But it has been brought up by many when her show was brought back. And it’s been universally ignored, despite its relevance, especially by those who support her right to “free speech” yet vilify Kaep and the other NFL players who knelt. Kneeling is unforgivable, yet crotch grabbing and spitting is.

 

I wouldn't consider a single incident decades ago to be all that relevant as compared to recent ongoing activities. Regardless, I'm glad she's going back to whatever rock she crawled out from under.

She was interviewed by Howard Stern recently and something about her seemed off. I didn't get the impression she was under the influence of something - more like she was inarticulate and mentally dull. She really doesn't appear to be a very sharp person from the neck up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.