Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Roseanne Cancelled

Featured Replies

What she said in that tweet is indefensible. It's funny how popular she is in light of how worked up people are over football players kneeling for the National Anthem, even though what she did to the anthem was far more disrespectful.

 

I would say many people have no idea what your talking about. Didn’t this incident happen almost 30 years ago. You almost have to be 45/50 to even remember it.

 

And I agree, what she she did then and what she said now is indefensible.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's only a guess on my part, but I'm betting many that are supporting Barr, are very against the kneeling NFL players and supporting an NFL boycott.

 

I'm against both. I see more justification in the way the NFL players are handling their situation even though I don't fully support it - I understand. In this day and age - there is no one perfect way to protest anything without someone having taken offense.

 

I could protest having chicken dinners fed to every human being to protest world hunger and someone would take offense to the chicken not providing full nutrients to those in need or whatever.

 

I'm just so done with all protesting - people just need to live their lives and stay out of other's lives.

 

Roseanne Barr should just fade into oblivion. Why she was ever awarded a resurgence is unknown to me

I would say many people have no idea what your talking about. Didn’t this incident happen almost 30 years ago. You almost have to be 45/50 to even remember it.

 

And I agree, what she she did then and what she said now is indefensible.

 

True. It happened in 1990. But it has been brought up by many when her show was brought back. And it’s been universally ignored, despite its relevance, especially by those who support her right to “free speech” yet vilify Kaep and the other NFL players who knelt. Kneeling is unforgivable, yet crotch grabbing and spitting is.

True. It happened in 1990. But it has been brought up by many when her show was brought back. And it’s been universally ignored, despite its relevance, especially by those who support her right to “free speech” yet vilify Kaep and the other NFL players who knelt. Kneeling is unforgivable, yet crotch grabbing and spitting is.

 

I didn't like her before that happened. I lost all respect for her--what little I had--after that incident.

So happy I have no idea what this thread is about.

Yeah, really ignorant, hateful and stupid thing to say. I have no sympathy for her.

It's only a guess on my part, but I'm betting many that are supporting Barr, are very against the kneeling NFL players and supporting an NFL boycott.

 

No one on here that is against the kneeling NFL players seem to be supporting her.

No one on here that is against the kneeling NFL players seem to be supporting her.

 

Thank goodness that BGP is the exception to the rule more often than not. It’s pretty ugly out there.

Thank goodness that BGP is the exception to the rule more often than not. It’s pretty ugly out there.

 

I agree. The things I see on social media from all sides of any given issue is pathetic. Society seems to have regressed horribly.

Most of the following I do is business related for within my industry. Every now and then though, I check other things out. In this instance I just took a glance at Fox News' tweet when they announced. The comments there supporting her are like a trainwreck.....I spent a few minutes reading those comments, and some of those tweets supporting her are so crazy, it's laughable.

 

I only see them when I click on the comments.

 

I did delete a "friend" on Facebook who defended the comment.

 

PSA....Never, under any circumstances, read the comments section on an internet post, article, tweet, etc...

No one on here that is against the kneeling NFL players seem to be supporting her.

 

That is correct, and I never said anyone was. My posts have been been related to my earlier comment about the masses who have been responding on twitter in support of her. I should also say, I think the folks that are supporting her are in the minority, and most are ok with the cancellation.

PSA....Never, under any circumstances, read the comments section on an internet post, article, tweet, etc...

 

I know I shouldn’t. But sometimes, I just can’t help myself.

I wonder how all of this plays out with the paychecks of her coworkers on the show including the production staff. Are they somehow protected by wording in their contracts or are they just out with no future pay? If the last is true, could they take her to court for lost wages? ....and will they?

I know I shouldn’t. But sometimes, I just can’t help myself.

 

Same here. :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.