Kids kneeling while singing the National Anthem at Mariners game

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends, if I am engaged in an event and there is an organic effort to include the anthem as part of the presentation I normally stand right in front of the TV with my right hand over chest.

If I am busy with something else, or for whatever reason it doesn't register with me, I carry on.

It’s the only defense the pro kneel crowd has. Everyone has known for the last 100+ years that you stand during a live performance of the National Anthem. If you happen to catch it at home, which they rarely show on TV unless, it’s a big game then that’s great if you stand. But it’s never been expected unlike a live performance, where the PA guy ask to “Please rise and honor America.” AND the flag is present. The giant flag sometimes on the field, or the fighter jets that sometimes fly over. At home and in stadium are not connected in any capacity. It’s just a weak attempt by the pro kneel crowd to take a jab at the pro flag crowd.

Ever or always?

Military person: "I gave up a lot in my life and took a huge risk to serve this country for you."

You: "Whatever, dude."

You don't see indifference as bad?

"Whatever, dude" in that context doesn't qualify as indifference.

In that context indifference would be no response at all.

"Whatever, dude" in that context doesn't qualify as indifference.

In that context indifference would be no response at all.

Give me your definition of the word since we seem to have different definitions. It will help me understand your point.

In my mind the word means "lack of importance" or "not of interest."

Only standing for the anthem at sporting events feels like "following the crowd" vs truly respecting the flag/country/military.

I wouldn't want to have made a sacrifice for my country to have people be indifferent.