Kids kneeling while singing the National Anthem at Mariners game

Why would this cause anyone to watch the MLB less?

Guys, let’s not pretend the anthem is so sanctimonious it keeps us out of the toilets or the beer lines during its playing. The kids playing it should have done their job, but it definitely isn’t the MLB’s fault, or ALL the players.

Drove me nuts to see people whine over two dudes kneeling while the other 100+were standing prior to NFL games.

Heck, I bet there are still 200 in the stadium wearing hats, not to mention talking, or doing whatever they want with no concern with the anthem.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, let’s not pretend the anthem is so sanctimonious it keeps us out of the toilets or the beer lines during its playing. The kids playing it should have done their job, but it definitely isn’t the MLB’s fault, or ALL the players.

Drove me nuts to see people whine over two dudes kneeling while the other 100+were standing prior to NFL games.

Heck, I bet there are still 200 in the stadium wearing hats, not to mention talking, or doing whatever they want with no concern with the anthem.

People choose to be upset about what they want. They don’t care about the people in the bathrooms, the people in hats, the people talking like normal in their seats or in the concourse. They only care about people silently expressing their views, because they disagree with them. Makes sense.

Yep. Not to mention ignoring all the good things and charity work the NFL and it’s players do throughout the community. The league and its players raise millions and do tons of selfless work to help others, but people get bent over a handful of guys peacefully kneeling.

People choose to be upset about what they want. They don’t care about the people in the bathrooms, the people in hats, the people talking like normal in their seats or in the concourse. They only care about people silently expressing their views, because they disagree with them. Makes sense.

I think all of it is disrespectful and better hope you are not near me at a game wearing a cap or chatting.

Is this b/c you believe the students are not fully aware of why they are taking the knee in the first place? The kid isn't experienced enough to know what life is about?

Why are they, do we know for sure? Most Americans support our men and women who wear the flag. I hope it’s only manipulation.

I should have clarified. I don’t believe that the kneeling is a reason you watch it less.

I watch less and a large part is due to it. I quit going to the movies many years ago because I was tired of Hollywood's politicizing everything, same thing for several TV shows and a detective novel series by a writer I used to enjoy. I missed all of them at first but have found new hobbies and interests I enjoy just as much if not more. I'm also healthier. :D

Serious question:

What does everybody do at home when the anthem plays?

It is pretty much ignored by me with the exception to see who is singing it. Thought it was disruptive last night with the fireman repelling down. Just not the same as keeping quiet while at a live event.