Kids kneeling while singing the National Anthem at Mariners game

It is pretty much ignored by me with the exception to see who is singing it. Thought it was disruptive last night with the fireman repelling down. Just not the same as keeping quiet while at a live event.

That would seem to indicate that the song's meaning is not the priority for you. Otherwise, you'd stand at home and not "ignore" it.

Is it peer pressure when you're in public?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That would seem to indicate that the song's meaning is not the priority for you. Otherwise, you'd stand at home and not "ignore" it.

Is it peer pressure when you're in public?

Not sure, maybe thinking that I want to make sure everyone hears it live?

I don't watch mass on TV but I think if I did, I'd be OK getting up and getting a cup of coffee while I wouldn't do that at church?

Not sure, maybe thinking that I want to make sure everyone hears it live?

I don't watch mass on TV but I think if I did, I'd be OK getting up and getting a cup of coffee while I wouldn't do that at church?

I'm not criticizing . We all pay so much attention to what people do when the anthem is played yet we ignore it at home. Are we hyprocrites?

I'm not criticizing . We all pay so much attention to what people do when the anthem is played yet we ignore it at home. Are we hyprocrites?

I'm with you and have no idea why I don't stop what I'm doing at home. I've thought about it, but still pretty much ignore it. If I'm out side of a stadium and hear it live, I stop to honor.

Maybe it's because it's TV.

The people who make a big deal about others who kneel/sit/ignore the anthem at a sporting event and then ignore it at home are, yes.

Serious question:

What does everybody do at home when the anthem plays?

It depends, if I am engaged in an event and there is an organic effort to include the anthem as part of the presentation I normally stand right in front of the TV with my right hand over chest.

If I am busy with something else, or for whatever reason it doesn't register with me, I carry on.

It depends, if I am engaged in an event and there is an organic effort to include the anthem as part of the presentation I normally stand right in front of the TV with my right hand over chest.

If I am busy with something else, or for whatever reason it doesn't register with me, I carry on.

I remember the last time I stood at home. Right after 9/11. By Super Bowl I was going about my business again.

Is the indifference you show at home any better than kneeling? One says "I don't care" and one says " I want something to be better."

I don't know, but I am not the one performing on National TV.

I don't follow.

The anthem is being played. You sometimes ignore it at home.

If we are assuming that those that kneel do not love our country or respect our troops wouldn't we also assume that those who show indifference are also disrespecting the troops and their sacrifices?

I don't follow.

The anthem is being played. You sometimes ignore it at home.

If we are assuming that those that kneel do not love our country or respect our troops wouldn't we also assume that those who show indifference are also disrespecting the troops and their sacrifices?

I don't follow where you are going other than you like taking issue with me.