Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic/Scott County (Sweet 16 Championship) Predictions

State Championship: Who wins? 99 members have voted

  1. 1. State Championship: Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      72%
    • Scott County
      27%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Should be a great one. I think it will go OT just like last time but with Scott Co. winning this time 67-64. I just think top to bottom they're the better team. CJ Fredrick will be the best player on the floor but I believe Scott Co. is the better team.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked Scott County at the beginning of the season and at the beginning of the Sweet 16, and I am sticking with it.

 

Cardinals by 1.

CCH vs the Region7/Region 11 winner is how this tourney should be ending.

When these 2 teams met in the 2014 finals, the legend Billy Hicks worked the refs for about 4 calls. The stripes were completely intimidated by Mr. Hicks that day.

 

This should be a fun one, I wish I didn’t have to work.

Coin flip

 

These two play ten, I believe it would be 5-5

I've now watched the last two games of both of these teams, beginning to end, and i think CovCath wins by double digits. That said, I think it will be a whale of a Final.

Cov Cath is the better team by a hair. The key is how well SC hits their threes. Moreno's offensive game has been ok the last two, he needs to be the man for the Cards to win. SC is tough to gurad because they shoot the ball so well, but so does CCH. Both play outstanding defense. I think SC is better defensively, but CCH changes it up so much they cause major problems if you can't handle the ball. SC has a tendency to get sloppy with it.

 

Frederick is the man for the Blue Colonels, but his supporting cast is very very good. Moreno the key for SC. Depth is about the same.

 

The most intriguing kid to me in the tournament is Williams for SC. The kid grows on you. He is always around the ball and making the right play. A very heady player. Unassuming, but very effective.

 

Thelen for CCH is long and I think they play a little better with him in the game. He seems to get frustrated easily, but he is a force.

 

Both coaches are in the refs ears the whole game, that will be a wash. They both drive me crazy with their complaining. Billy is animated and SR is subtle. But they both work the officials constantly.

 

Both had better bring their "A" game because each will make you look silly if you don't.

 

CCH by 3-5

CovCath. And I don’t think it’s in doubt at the end.

Cov Cath wins this one. Scott County won't have an answer for Walter. 63-56 Cov Cath. CJ Frederick wins MVP.

Scott County wins 58-55 and Walter won’t be an issue for Scott County because he won’t be in the game long enough to give them fits. Moreno will be MVP.

Hope KHSAA pays attention and gets the NFHS camera angles back where they belong. Last night's game was awful to watch. Two cameras used, both sitting on chairs under each basket. View was absolutely nauseating as cameras swung back/forth, lenses in and out. No depth perception at all as players moving up and down court appeared always to be side-by-side. Don't want to miss any action of this potentially classic showdown. Colonels by 2.

CovCath is the better team and it’s not close. CovCath by 12-15.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.