Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

In or Out?

Featured Replies

Figured this could be a fun little exercise....

 

Team #1

28-5, RPI 43, KenPom 29, SOS 171, NCSOS 290

Quad 1 record: 1-1

Vs. RPI top 50: 2-1

Sub RPI 150 record: 17-1

 

Team #2

24-6, RPI 21, KenPom 63, SOS 105, NCSOS 123

Quad 1 record: 3-2

Vs. RPI top 50: 3-2

Sub RPI 150 record: 13-2

 

Who's in, who's out? Do they both make it? Neither?

I think I'd go no on Team #1 and yes on Team #2.

 

I like that they started doing this quadrant stuff.

  • Author
I think I'd go no on Team #1 and yes on Team #2.

 

I like that they started doing this quadrant stuff.

 

We're in agreement. Also of note, Team 2 still has the conference tournament to play, while team 1 is done.

Team #2, played a significantly stronger schedule.

Is #1 Murray State? If so, given how poor the OVC is, I am impressed their numbers got up to where they did. #1 and #2 have played one another if the second team is who I believe it is (MTSU).

  • Author
Is #1 Murray State? If so, given how poor the OVC is, I am impressed their numbers got up to where they did.

 

Murray State is in the tournament....

Is #1 Murray State? If so, given how poor the OVC is, I am impressed their numbers got up to where they did. #1 and #2 have played one another if the second team is who I believe it is (MTSU).

I actually think it is St. Mary's and the Bonnies.

 

I think both will be in, although St. Mary's will be really uncomfortable for the next 5 days.

Murray State is in the tournament....

Murray State is also "done" in that they are done playing their games, so that is what threw me off. :D

  • Author

Here's another team...

 

Team #3

22-7, RPI 41, KenPom 52, SOS 101, NCSOS 212

Quad 1 record: 2-2

Vs. RPI top 50: 1-2

Sub 150 RPI record: 12-1

  • Author
I actually think it is St. Mary's and the Bonnies.

 

I think both will be in, although St. Mary's will be really uncomfortable for the next 5 days.

 

Correct. I thought St. Mary's was safely in, then I looked at their resume and it's atrocious. I don't see how they justify putting them in.

 

It seems like St. Bonny has been floating around the cut line all season, while St. Mary's has been safely in, but the profiles seem to suggest just the opposite IMO.

  • Author
Murray State is also "done" in that they are done playing their games, so that is what threw me off. :D

 

Touche...:lol2:

Correct. I thought St. Mary's was safely in, then I looked at their resume and it's atrocious. I don't see how they justify putting them in.

 

It seems like St. Bonny has been floating around the cut line all season, while St. Mary's has been safely in, but the profiles seem to suggest just the opposite IMO.

Not sure how the WCC shook out this year, but I know heading into conference play St. Mary's was limping. Then went on a big run, and seemed to have limped to the finish.

Someone help with what KenPom is...I assume the lower number the better...but maybe not based on all the other metrics in the comparison UKMF posted first???

Someone help with what KenPom is...I assume the lower number the better...but maybe not based on all the other metrics in the comparison UKMF posted first???

 

The essence of KenPom is this: how many points do you score per 100 possessions, then subtract how many points you allow per 100 possessions. There are variables tied to SOS, but in a nutshell, that is KenPom. He is giving you rankings, so yes, lower is better. However, on KenPom, the higher your point difference per 100 possessions, the better.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.