In or Out?

UKMustangFan

Figured this could be a fun little exercise....

Team #1

28-5, RPI 43, KenPom 29, SOS 171, NCSOS 290

Quad 1 record: 1-1

Vs. RPI top 50: 2-1

Sub RPI 150 record: 17-1

Team #2

24-6, RPI 21, KenPom 63, SOS 105, NCSOS 123

Quad 1 record: 3-2

Vs. RPI top 50: 3-2

Sub RPI 150 record: 13-2

Who's in, who's out? Do they both make it? Neither?

Is #1 Murray State? If so, given how poor the OVC is, I am impressed their numbers got up to where they did. #1 and #2 have played one another if the second team is who I believe it is (MTSU).

I actually think it is St. Mary's and the Bonnies.

I think both will be in, although St. Mary's will be really uncomfortable for the next 5 days.

I actually think it is St. Mary's and the Bonnies.

I think both will be in, although St. Mary's will be really uncomfortable for the next 5 days.

Correct. I thought St. Mary's was safely in, then I looked at their resume and it's atrocious. I don't see how they justify putting them in.

It seems like St. Bonny has been floating around the cut line all season, while St. Mary's has been safely in, but the profiles seem to suggest just the opposite IMO.

Correct. I thought St. Mary's was safely in, then I looked at their resume and it's atrocious. I don't see how they justify putting them in.

It seems like St. Bonny has been floating around the cut line all season, while St. Mary's has been safely in, but the profiles seem to suggest just the opposite IMO.

Not sure how the WCC shook out this year, but I know heading into conference play St. Mary's was limping. Then went on a big run, and seemed to have limped to the finish.

Someone help with what KenPom is...I assume the lower number the better...but maybe not based on all the other metrics in the comparison UKMF posted first???

The essence of KenPom is this: how many points do you score per 100 possessions, then subtract how many points you allow per 100 possessions. There are variables tied to SOS, but in a nutshell, that is KenPom. He is giving you rankings, so yes, lower is better. However, on KenPom, the higher your point difference per 100 possessions, the better.