Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Playing in front of student sections

Featured Replies

I'm a believer that visiting teams should not have to play in front of the home teams student sections. I think it's an advantage for the home teams.

 

Anyone else agree/disagree?

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not trying to cast judgment, but to be clear, you think student support at the game should be eliminated?

The NCAA should just set up db meters near the court and if the level reaches 86db or above (anything above 85 is deemed harmful to the ears) the home team should be penalized. That should take away any chance of a home court advantage as well as protect everyone's hearing.

Isn't that the point of home games?

 

I am having a hard time taking this thread seriously. We are joking, right?

  • Author

I think visiting teams should have the opposite goal away from student sections. Yes it does play a role in missing shots, FT, he with turnovers.

 

Student support should be allowed at all the games but their sections needs to be at the opposite end of the visiting teams goal.

I think visiting teams should have the opposite goal away from student sections. Yes it does play a role in missing shots, FT, he with turnovers.

 

Student support should be allowed at all the games but their sections needs to be at the opposite end of the visiting teams goal.

 

Teams shoot at each goal--one in the first half and the other in the second half--so we'll have to move all the students to the other end during halftime. Shouldn't be a problem though.

Student support should be allowed at all the games but their sections needs to be at the opposite end of the visiting teams goal.

 

Last game I watched, the teams switched goals at half????

I'd argue Kentucky does it wrong at Rupp. The visitors shoot in front of the students in the first half. I think I think it would be more effective to force them to shoot in front of the students in the second half.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry

Personally, I think there should be students on all 4 sides of the court going as wild as possible for the entire game.

Personally, I think there should be students on all 4 sides of the court going as wild as possible for the entire game.

 

Best idea I’ve heard in a long time...

Let's just ban cheering at games. I'd hate to hurt the visiting team's feelings.

Let's just ban cheering at games. I'd hate to hurt the visiting team's feelings.

 

I thought they already did at Rupp, at least in the lower arena. :D

  • Author

2nd half games I've seen had the visiting teams shooting in the goal in front of the home teams student sections

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.